Things are a bit crazy right now, Orlando. We know most of you are abiding by the 5 Rules; Washing Hands, Elbow Sneeze, Don’t Touch Your Face, Keep 6-feet Apart, and Staying Home, but that makes keeping up with your community pretty difficult.
Don’t worry, we’re still working through all of this and keeping tabs so you can focus on staying happy and healthy. Here is our latest rundown of the top ten headlines from last week, things you may have missed, and tips for living your best Orlando life.
Click HERE to give a listen to the latest episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” which aired on Real Radio 104.1 last Friday and learn all about “pickup picnics” and how you can be having one to support local businesses.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Orange County has an 11 p.m. curfew in place until further notice.
- We have a roundup of restaurants that are offering curbside and delivery options and are updating it daily.
- We’re still updating our running list of coronavirus headlines.
- JOB ALERT: Walmart is hiring for all positions.
- JOB ALERT: Amazon is hiring 100,000 new positions.
- The 2020 Orlando Fringe Festival is canceled.
- “Diocese of Orlando suspends celebration of Mass to contain spread of coronavirus.” – Click Orlando
- “Orlando Weekly lays off 13 staffers, cuts pay as advertisers pull out amid coronavirus pandemic.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Florida state prisons closed to new inmates as they try to prevent the spread of coronavirus.” – FOX 35
- “Orlando’s restaurant industry is in great peril. Here are ways to help.” – Orlando Weekly
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Chela Tequila and Tacos is closing.” – Bungalower
- “Disney donating food to Second Harvest.” – Bungalower
- “Euclid Media lays off 13 staff members at Orlando Weekly.” – Bungalower
- “Local coffee shop in Orlando robbed, trashed, according to owner.” – Click Orlando
- “7 ways to optimize your home for staying in with kids.” – Curbed
- “City of Winter Garden launched a curbside pick-up service for its downtown restaurants and shops.” – The Daily City
- “What’s the Impact of COVID-19 on the Art Community?” – Hyperallergic
- “Orlando airport Chili’s workers were asked to come in and clean only to then be laid off. In all, 150 let go at OIA restaurants.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Florida’s Turnpike toll plazas don’t want your filthy dirty cash.” – Orlando Weekly
- “As layoffs skyrocket, the holes in America’s safety net are becoming apparent.” – Washington Post
- “WUCF TV supporting Learn At Home with TV schedule change and free online resources.” – WUCF
- “3/3 Colonial home in College Park asking $380,000.”
- “4/2 ranch-style home in College Park asking $362,000.”
eTV GUIDE – STREAMING EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Enzian Theater is letting you stream their feature films for cheap – HERE.
- FOX Sports will air the “Best Orlando Magic” wins – HERE.
- Gatorland is hosting a new web series called “School of Crocs” and it’s epic – HERE.
- Olaf Voice Actor, Josh Gad, is reading books to children every night – HERE.
- Timucua White House is streaming archived concert videos – HERE.