UPDATE: The Board of Commissioners has approved the aid package in the amount of $12.1 million.
OUC’s Board of Commissioners will vote on new recommendations to help OUC customers and Central Florida residents impacted by the coronavirus outbreak with a proposal that includes the following initiatives with a price tag of $12 million.
- $7.5 million to lower electric fuel rates for May bills by as much as 39 percent, which will decrease rates by 11.4 percent for residential customers and an 11-19.7 percent reduction for commercial customers.
- $2.6 million contribution to Project CARE with the City of Orlando.
- $1.5 million for utility bill payment assistance to qualified small businesses.
- $500,000 for new OUC Power Pass customers which allows customers to prepay for utility services.
- Suspension of electric and water disconnections for nonpayment and waiving late penalties until further notice.
- Payment plans and deferred payment arrangements for customers for up to 12 months if they meet qualifying criteria.