The delivery app told Bungalower last week that it would be offering no-contact delivery with a growing list of over 120 Orlando area restaurants.
A spokesperson for the company couldn’t share much as to why they decided to reverse their earlier decision to not deliver locally but did say,
“We are trying to help each community in any way we can. Since we already knew the area and restaurants we felt we could help the community in the extraordinary time of need.”
Bite Squad was purchased last year by Waitr Holdings Inc. for $321 million which subsequently ended delivery services in 38 markets, Orlando included, according to Star Tribune.
Bite Squad says it will also launch a new initiative to bring free meals to frontline healthcare professionals at hospitals around the city starting on Monday, May 11 with AdventHealth.
According to its website, Bite Squad’s Top 10 Foods for Delivery in Orlando are:
- Theo’s Kitchen – Fried chicken
- Doghouse – Vegan hot dog
- Mediterranean Blue – Greek salad
- Beth’s Burger Bar – Single burger
- Mediterranean Blue – Gyro
- 4 Rivers Smokehouse – Pulled pork sandwich
- Gator’s Dockside – Chicken wings
- Tasty Wok – Young Chow Fried Rice
- Chuy’s – Tacos
- Jersey Mike’s – Turkey breast and provolone sub