Orange County is launching a new series of parking standards and enforcement tools in order to be able to enforce better parking standards on the public right-of-way.
A press release issued by the County earlier today stated that Orange County transportation planners and the Sheriff’s Office have developed a new comprehensive set of parking standards and enforcement tools to strengthen existing fines and rules.
The following changes were approved by the Orange County Board of County Commissioners on September 1 and apply to all roads in unincorporated Orange County:
- $150 fine for parking commercial dual-rear wheel vehicles in the right-of-way. This is an increase from the original $30 fine.
- $30 fine or a tow for parking a vehicle with no license plate or current registration in the right-of-way.
- $30 fines for parking a trailer in the right-of-way.
- $30 fine for parking an RV in the right-of-way.
- $30 fine or a tow for vehicles parked under car covers.
- $30 fine for blocking a mail delivery location between the hours of 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.
You can see the full list of parking standards HERE in Chapter 35 of the Orange County Code.