SPONSORED: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Our latest episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1 was recorded at Persimmon Hollow Brewing Co. and sponsored by our new friends at Janney Roofing and Orange County Library System and is available HERE in podcast form.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Yelp is adding a “Racist Business” alert to business profiles if they’re being accused of racist behavior in the news.
- Lake Eola Park is getting a master plan that will shape how it is used for the next 50 years. There’s a survey you can fill out to share your thoughts and feels.
- Everyone is talking about the new beer garden at Ravenous Pig Brewery in Winter Park. We’re going to host a party there on October 27th so stay tuned for more information!
- OUC announced that it will be phasing out coal-fired power generation by 2027 and apparently a lot of our Facebook followers are afraid that will mean higher rates.
- The Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts is transforming the Seneff Arts Plaza into a six-month socially-distant festival.
- The Packing District development team just filed plans for a new grocery store. Nothing has been announced yet but Orlando Business Journal and GrowthSpotter are saying it’s a Publix. We’ll just wait and see though.
- A new Foxtail Coffee took over a former Starbucks in SoDo.
- “UCF reports record spike in new coronavirus cases this week.” – Orlando Weekly
- “David Adjaye house for Brad Pitt’s Make It Right Foundation to be demolished.” – Dezeen
- “Orlando City nearing final stages of sale.” – The Maneland
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Motorcyclists roll in for Biketoberfest 2020.” – Bungalower
- “Convention Center looking to rent auditorium to local groups.” – Bungalower
- “Did You Kno-town: Gertrude Sweet was part of a band.” – Bungalower
- “Rob Deininger named President and CEO of AdventHealth Orlando.” – Bungalower
- “Semi carrying eggs catches fire, closes I-4 near SR-408 in Orlando.” – Click Orlando
- “More Orlando residents spot bobcats in their neighborhoods.” – FOX 35
- “Orlando Commissioner Tony Oritz delays affordable housing project vote due to parking issue.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “WeOut: Co-working giant WeWork drops Orlando location from website.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Hunger Street Tacos will open a second location inside the Plant Street Market in Winter Garden.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Lombardi’s Seafood in Winter Park expands its cafe menu with sushi, poke and more.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Senator Kamala Harris to campaign in Orlando on Monday.” – Spectrum News 9
- “Man said he brought AR-15 to Disney World as protection from Civil Unrest.” – Spectrum News 13
- [PAYWALL] “Body found in SUV belonging to missing Belle Isle woman; searchers found vehicle in pond.” – Orlando Sentinel
- [PAYWALL] “Florida puts a positive spin on COVID-19 data, misleading the public on pandemic.” – Orlando Sentinel
- [PAYWALL] “‘Miss Sammy’ spread light, joy across Central Florida | Obituary.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “3/2 Home in South Orlando asking $335,000.”
- “2/2 Mission-style home in College Park asking $389,000.”
- “3/2 Mid-Century Rock Lake home asking $319,000.”
- “4/2 Craftsman home in Lake Eola Heights asking $529,000.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Tuesday 10/20: The New Economy Summit Series (Online)
- Tuesday 10/20: The Pivot Toward Parks (Online)
- Tuesday 10/20: SODO Pop-up Dinner To-Go – The Aardvark (SODO)
- Tuesday 10/20: Zombie Karaoke – 13 Days Of Halloween (Downtown)
- Wednesday 10/21: Back To The Future Day (SODO)
- Thursday 10/22: Front Porch Concert Series – BEEMO (Milk District)
- Thursday 10/22: Popcorn Flicks In The Park – Hocus Pocus (Winter Park)
- Thursday 10/22: Uncovering Great Street Art Of NYC (Online)
View this post on Instagram
Eola General just installed what they're calling the "Healing Mural" by local artist @maureenhudas Post, story, or tag them on your social media with the #HealingMural or @eolageneral and you can get a free cup of the new Curate Coffee cold brew coffee during the voting season, Oct. 3- Nov. 3. They also have yummy @belangerbagels there too. #orlandothings #thisisorlando #ireaditonbungalower