SPONSORED by AdventHealth: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Our latest episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1 was sponsored by our friends at Janney Roofing, Orange County Library System, and the Council 101’s Festival of Trees and is available HERE in podcast form.
** Due to some changes at Real Radio 104.1 FM, our show will air at 8 p.m. instead of 9 p.m. every Friday, for at least the next few weeks.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Lake Nona is getting a special airport for flying cars, and nobody is surprised.
- Orange County is investing $5 million into public performance spaces.
- Winter Park is considering a ban on single-use plastic.
- Winter Park Biscuit Company is opening its new vegan deli restaurant in East End Market just in time for Thanksgiving.
- FBC Mortgage is the new field sponsor at UCF.
- This intersection at Rosalind and Central is a real problem area for cars and pedestrians – we wish it was a pedestrian scramble.
- Have you heard of Barney the Buffalo before? He died in downtown Orlando while trying to escape a circus in 1912 and we want to get him a sculpture.
- The Orange County Library System has a social worker at its downtown branch who provides free services. Get in there if you need help.
- “Orlando cop gets probation for smashing tourist’s windshield with piece of wood.” – Click Orlando
- “Orlando’s Exploria Stadium to host final stages of 2020 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League.” – Orlando City Soccer
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Bungalower’s November print issue is out and online.” – Bungalower
- “Declare your love of reading with this adorable shirt.” – Bungalower
- “Dr. Phillips Center announces four upcoming shows for Frontyard Festival.” – Bungalower
- “Enzian adds movie screen to outdoor cafe.” – Bungalower
- “F&D Woodfired Italian Kitchen opening new location in Winter Park.” – Bungalower
- “United Arts announces new publisher for Orlando Arts Magazine.” – Bungalower
- “Orlando Magic unveil latest iteration of City Edition Uniform.” – NBA
- “Orlando hits record for available office sublease space. Here’s how that affects rental rates.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “CVS to invest millions locally in affordable housing, expand health screenings.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Orlando to consider allowing more residential development in SoDo.” – Orlando Business Journal
- [PAYWALL] “Struggling Orlando restaurants adjust ‘to a completely new way’ of business.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Four-bedroom historic Lake Eola Heights home asking $699,900.”
- “2/1 Audubon Park bonsai home asking $400,000.”
- “Five-bedroom home in Southern Oaks asking $624,900.”
- “Three-bedroom home with great College Park location asking $409,500.”
- “3/2 Home by Leu Gardens asking $419,000.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- All Week: Festival of Trees (Ivanhoe Village)
- Monday 11/16: In-Between Series – Outside Chances (Downtown)
- Monday 11/16: Jewish Film Festival (Maitland)
- Tuesday 11/17: State of the Milk (ONLINE)
- Tuesday 11/17: Taffy’s Bungalower Bingo (Downtown)
- Thursday 11/19: An Evening with David Lindo – The Urban Birder (ONLINE)
- Thursday 11/19: Popcorn Flicks – Lady and the Tramp (Winter Park)
- Thursday 11/19: Sondheim on Sondheim (South Eola)
- Friday 11/20: Sh-Booms at West End Trading Co. (Out of Bounds)