SPONSORED: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Want to shop local but don’t know where to start? We have a map of local retailers for you. There’s also a set of pins that tell you where to find holiday window displays.
- The folks at Track Shack were greenlit by the City of Orlando to host a 2,500 person running event – the first of its kind during the pandemic.
- Our editor took a minute to brainstorm what he’d like to see included in the long-awaited Under-i urban park project in downtown Orlando.
- The geniuses at Kadence in Audubon Park announced that they’ll be opening a new restaurant concept in the former Dandelion Cafe space in Mills 50.
- Kwame Boakye landed a brick and mortar for his insanely popular Chicken Fire Food Truck concept and it’ll open in Colonialtown sometime in December.
- “Brightline and Walt Disney World announce partnership to build station at Disney Springs.” – Orlando Weekly
- “TikToker fired over paint-mixing viral videos scores new job in Orlando.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Florida can call itself lucky as 2020 hurricane season comes to a close.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Conversations: A new focus not on regulating polluters, but protecting Rights of Nature.” – 90.7 WMFE
- “40+ Festive and free holiday events in Orlando.” – Orlando Date Night Guide
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Orlando singer Chloe Hogan on competing in NBC’s ‘The Voice’ and singing during the pandemic.” – 90.7 WMFE
- “The TikToker fired for his viral paint-mixing account has a new job.” – BuzzFeed News
- “Shopper waiting outside Orlando GameStop since Wednesday scores PS5.” – FOX 35
- “Woman, teen accidentally shot a funeral service of 18-year-old killed in deputy-involved shooting.” – FOX 35
- “Florida man still pitching trailer park as site of future Trump presidential library.” – New York Post
- “Orlando Magic preseason schedule announced.” – Orlando Pinstriped Post
- “Looking for a Christmas tree near Orlando? Find local farms.” – Patch
- [PAYWALL] “Orlando housing boom outpaces Miami, report says.” – Orlando Business Journal
- [PAYWALL] “Orlando City’s Rodrigo Schlegel soaks in moment as club hero.” – Orlando Sentinel
- [PAYWALL] “Orlando cops probe Christmas event promoted by man once charged with anti-gay threats.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “4/3 Dover Shores home asking $559,900.”
- “Historic three-acre estate on Lake Gatlin asking $2,299,000.”
- “3/1 Little Lake Fairview home asking $275,000.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Tuesday 12/1: Rally Summer 2020 Showcase (ONLINE)
- Tuesday 12/1–Ongoing: Dazzling Nights at Leu Gardens (Audubon Park)
- Tuesday 12/1: The Secret Lives of Bears with Wes Larson (ONLINE)
- Wednesday 12/2: Robert Moses, Part 1 – The Rise (ONLINE)
- Wednesday 12/2: Fancy Pants Beer Release at The Ravenous Pig (Winter Park)
- Thursday 12/3: What’s Up Downtown for the Holidays (Downtown)
- Thursday 12/3: Slinging For Santa Charity Fundraiser (South Eola)
- Thursday 12/3: Thirsty Topher Turns 7 (Ivanhoe Village)
- Thursday 12/3-12/6: Orlando Winterfest 2020 (Out of Bounds)
- Friday 12/4: Earthworks – An Online Auction Supporting Crealdé (ONLINE)
- Friday 12/4: Golden Gals: A Christmas Musical (Church Street)
- Friday 12/4: The Milky Way/Krampus is Coming (Milk District)