SPONSORED by AdventHealth: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Orange County is drafting an order to fine repeat COVID-19 offenders.
- A sneaker expo is coming to Orlando Science Center in January 2021.
- We made an interactive map of Orlando’s murals for you AND a map of local retail shops.
- Lobos Coffee Roasters is now open in Audubon Park.
- Will’s Pub launches online fundraiser to stay open.
- Purple Ocean Super Food Bar took over an old barbershop in the Mills 50 District.
- A class at Rollins College just uncovered a rare black coyote living in Winter Park.
- “Orlando Magic co-founder Jimmy Hewitt passes away.” – Spectrum News 9
- “Disney announces 4,000 additional layoffs of theme park employees.” – Orlando Weekly
- “City Girls perform to packed house on Thanksgiving.” – TMZ
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Crealde School of Art hosting online auction.” – Bungalower
- “Crowd favorite ‘Golden Gals’ is back to save 2020.” – Bungalower
- “Dike, Mueller, and Perea called to serve on national team.” – Bungalower
- “The Ramen has closed.” – Bungalower
- “5 Orlando gang members arrested in $2 million statewide crime spree.” – Click Orlando
- “Construction begins on 66-acre park at Orlando’s Packing District.” – Click Orlando
- “Florida awarded $28 million grant for COVID-19 disaster relief employment.” – Click Orlando
- “College football quarterback McKenzie Milton says he’s leaving UCF.” – FOX 35
- “Can museums use their endowments to support the greater good?” – Hyperallergic
- “Monthly Vegan Outlet outdoor market kicks off soon at Henao Center with guest Rep. Anna Eskamani.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Orlando reopens city’s rental assistance program for those facing COVID-19 hardships.” – WFTV 9
- [PAYWALL] “12 ways to help others in Central Florida this holiday season.” – Orlando Sentinel
- [PAYWALL] “Orlando Sentinel launches News Fund to support local journalism.” – Orlando Sentinel
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Tuesday 12/8: Mills 50 Artist Series Fundraiser (Mills 50)
- Thursday 12:10: Oh, What Fun – A Holiday Festival (Out of Bounds)
- Friday 12/11: Dizzlephunk’s 5th Annual Shoe and Sock Drive (Ivanhoe Village)
- Friday 12/11: Holiday Movie at Lake Eola – The Santa Claus (Downtown)
- Friday 12/11: Orlando Ballet’s The Nutcracker (Downtown)