SPONSORED: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Our latest episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1 was recorded at in a handful of businesses in The Hourglass District and sponsored by our friends at Janney Roofing and Orange County Library System and is available HERE in podcast form.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Winter Park Village is getting a major, and pricey, renovation in the near future.
- Chicken Fire food truck just opened a new brick and mortar restaurant and a new fried chicken pop-up launched this weekend.
- Orlando Shakes has opened a new outdoor performance space in its under-used courtyard.
- Still looking for a gift? Check out our 2020 Holiday Guide while you still can.
- A new avocado-themed food stall just opened in the North Quarter.
- Lake Eola was closed due to poo problems but don’t worry, it’s since reopened and all the problems have mysteriously flushed away just in time for your holiday photos. Don’t touch the water though.
- “Historic Orlando nightclub reopens as the Vanguard, welcomes German trance breakouts Cosmic Gate.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Underground New York fight club holds ‘Rumble in Orlando’ event in front of packed crowd.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Two Downtown Orlando venues fined by Orange County’s coronavirus inspection teams.” – Orlando Weekly
- “City Discusses Improvements for Mead Garden and Ward Park.” – the32789
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Central Florida faces an emerging hunger crisis.” – 90.7 WMFE
- “Chinatown businesses face a particularly brutal winter.” – Bloomberg CityLab
- “11 Questions with Bungalower editor, Brendan O’Connor.” – Bungalower
- “Save College Park Yoga.” – Bungalower
- “AdventHealth Orlando workers begin receiving COVID-19 vaccine shots.” – Click Orlando
- “‘Christmas Star:’ Jupiter, Saturn combine for rare Great Conjunction.” – Click Orlando
- “New Orlando restaurant defies the odds, flourishes during pandemic.” – FOX 35
- “Tourist district hotels go up for auction during pandemic slump.” – FOX 35
- “Local Logic: It’s not always a beautiful day in the neighborhood.” – Knight First Amendment Institute at Columbia University
- “Orlando City SC forward Daryl Dike reportedly drawing interest from Club Brugge.” – MLS Soccer
- “Florida’s ‘Grim Reaper’ lawyer sued Ron DeSantis over COVID-19; now the state wants him sanctioned.” – Orlando Weekly
- “2 Downtown Orlando nightclubs fined after Orange County COVID strike team visits.” – Spectrum News 13
- “CDC Investigating Death of Passenger on Flight From Orlando.” – Spectrum News 13
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 12/21: Light Up Baldwin Park (Baldwin Park)
- Tuesday 12/22: Taffy’s Bungalower Bingo – Christmas Special (Downtown)
- Tuesday 12/22: Christmas in Oaxaca (ONLINE)
- Wednesday 12/23: Christmas Eve Eve Run (Downtown)
- Friday 12/25: Christmas Day Buffet at Rosen Shingle Creek (Out of Bounds)
- Friday 12/25: Holiday Movie at Lake Eola Park – Love Actually (Downtown)