This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Our latest episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1 was recorded at Wally’s Mills Avenue Liquors in the Mills 50 District. Click HERE to listen or catch up on one of your favorite podcast platforms.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- The developer behind Winter Park’s proposed Henderson Hotel has withdrawn the project.
- The long-awaited Taco Bell Cantina has finally opened in downtown Orlando.
- We stopped by the Jurrasic Quest drive-thru experience and made a video.
- The Orlando chapter of the Awesome Foundation is taking a break from giving its $1,000 monthly cash grant until this fall.
- There’s a new hybrid brewery/food hall combo in the works for the Fort Gatlin Shopping Center and it’ll have a butcher, a poke stand, and more.
- Monster Jam is coming back to Camping World Stadium this month.
- SoDo Main Street and Rockpit Brewing are hosting a Beer Olympics event on February 6.
- “Orlando officials excited about economic impact of Super Bowl.” – Click Orlando
- “A city leaders’ guide to Joe Biden’s policy agenda.” – City Monitor
- “Five takeaways from the first Winter Park mayoral debate.” – the32789
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “11 Questions with Matt Hinckley of Hinckley’s Fancy Meats.” – Bungalower
- “20th Annual Mayor’s Job Fair to be held on January 27.” – Bungalower
- “Cool Job Alert: Managing Editor at 90.7 WMFE.” – Bungalower
- “Dochi opening Mills 50 donut shop.” – Bungalower
- “Prime Ivanhoe Village property up for sale.” – Bungalower
- “Orlando-based Darden Restaurants to offer workers paid time off for COVID-19 vaccinations.” – Click Orlando
- “Orlando police take new approach at recruiting more officers.” – Click Orlando
- “Uber Eats driver accused of stealing cash from Orlando taco shop’s tip jar.” – WESH
- [PAYWALL] “Future of Cities: Why Richard Florida is still bullish on America’s urban centers.” – Orlando Business Journal
- [PAYWALL] “Orlando Magic shares more about planned downtown training facility.” – Orlando Business Journal
- [PAYWALL] “Avid boyhood reading began museum chief’s path to past.” – Orlando Sentinel
- [PAYWALL] “Former Rosen Hotels employee, laid off in pandemic, files class-action lawsuit for backpay.” – Orlando Sentinel
- [PAYWALL] “Orlando lakes that tested positive for toxins remain under alert.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Cute 4/2 Winter Park home asking $410,000.”
- “Victorian 6/8 estate in Winter Park asking $2,250,000.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 2/1: Pomisaan – Isaan Pop-up from Pom Pom’s (Milk District)
- Tuesday 2/2: Taffy’s Bungalower Bingo (Downtown)
- Tuesday 2/2: Magical Tuesdays at Vinia Wine and Kitchen (Hannibal Square)
- Tuesday 2/2: Russian Revolutionary Art and Propaganda (ONLINE)
- Tuesday 2/2: Tasty Takeover (Milk District)
- Thursday 2/4: Litter Prevention Through Placemaking Webinar (ONLINE)
- Thursday 2/4: OMA and Black Theater Girl Magic – 1st Thursdays (Ivanhoe Village)
- Friday 2/5: Collecting and Preserving the BLM Movement (ONLINE)