This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Our latest episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1 was recorded at the newly-reopened Outpost Kitchen in Maitland. Click HERE to listen or catch up on one of your favorite podcast platforms or just scroll down a bit and listen to it here!
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- White Castle is launching a new local ghost kitchen ahead of its new restaurant near Walt Disney World.
- We made a map of a roundup of late-night dining options and
- A new brewery is coming to the Milk District.
- A selection committee has just submitted their recommendation for a new I-4 Art Sculpture.
- The Albin Polasek Museum and Sculpture Gardens is celebrating its 60th anniversary.
- Winter Park Biscuit Company just launched its full menu in East End Market.
- “Orlando Rep. Plasencia proposes easing liquor licensing for small restaurants.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Residents weigh in on Orlando Police Department during virtual meeting.” – WFTV 9
- “Ocoee Massacre compensation sought.” – 90.7 WMFE
- “Trump to speak at Orlando CPAC event in first post-White House appearance.” – Spectrum News 9
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Commission requests apology in response to controversial forum question.” – the32789
- “11 Questions with painter Ericka Sobrack.” – Bungalower
- “Educe Salon moving into former Chan’s Chinese building.” – Bungalower
- “Hinckley’s Fancy Meats launching new series of exotic meat comfort foods.” – Bungalower
- “Photos: Media Night at Haos on Church.” – Bungalower
- “Springlando: The Tabebuias are blooming.” – Bungalower
- “Orlando police officer buys out street vendor after complaint.” – Bungalower
- “Aargh! Tampa delays Gasparilla pirate festival until 2022.” – Click Orlando
- “Florida tourism numbers lowest since 2010.” – Click Orlando
- [PAYWALL] “Orlando attracts California homebuyers at unprecedented rate.” – Orlando Business Journal
- [PAYWALL] “Rick Scott’s environmental record as governor was a disaster.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “4/2 Lake Eola Heights blue bombshell is asking $410,000.”
- “2/1 Milk District pool home asking $299,000.”
- “Pair of purple Parramore homes asking paltry $325,000.”
- “Wander Art animates London with playful and socially distant installations.” – Azure Magazine
- “For more equitable parks, design them to be inclusive of homelessness.” – CityMonitor
- “How COVID is changing the curb.” – CityMonitor
- “Main Spotlight: Pop-up Retail – Not just for start-ups and other learnings from its evolution.” – Mainstreet.org
- “Minneapolis is funding artists’ community healing projects with police dollars.” – Next City
- “Cuomo announces pop-up performances across New York.” – The New York Times
- “How Mary Poppins-inspired umbrellas became a global tourist magnet.” – The Washington Post
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Tuesday 2/23: Ben Blount – Printing in the Present Tense (ONLINE)
- Tuesday 2/23: Mennello Museum Virtual Studio Visits – Roland Rockwood (ONLINE)
- Tuesday 2/23: Taffy’s Bungalower Bingo (Downtown)
- Wednesday 2/24: Great Paradise Gardens of India and Pakistan (ONLINE)
- Thursday 2/25: Central Floridian of the Year (ONLINE)
- Thursday 2/25: Front Porch Series featuring Midnight Ramblers (Milk District)