Editor’s Note: Bungalower Buddy Keyholders can now get early access to their Top Ten Things roundup via their online Pico membership. The Top Ten Things will be made public on Mondays on our website and via our Top Ten Things e-newsletter.
This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Our latest episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1 was recorded at Barnie’s Coffee and Tea at the launch of their new Cappy Hour with our Bungalower Buddy members. Click HERE to listen or catch up on one of your favorite podcast platforms or just scroll down a bit and listen to it here!
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Tickets are about to go on sale for our next pop-up event and you don’t want to miss this one! Come watch a screening of Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle while eating sliders from the actual White Castle Crave Mobile food truck on Friday, March 19. Our Bungalower Buddy members get early access to buy tickets.
- The City of Winter Park is looking to expand Fairbanks by purchasing and knocking down some private businesses.
- A local design firm released a “Parklets for Dummies” guide for people to navigate the permitting processes at City Hall.
- Phil Anderson won the Winter Park mayoral race.
- The Orlando Bike Coalition is looking for new members.
- Orlando City Soccer Club just launched a new jersey design.
- “Manatees are dying at an alarming rate in 2021, especially in Central Florida.” – FOX 35
- “Pet frog from Orlando is a finalist to become the next Cadbury Bunny.” – FOX 35
- “2021 Easter special mega-list for Orlando restaurants.” – Tasty Chomps
- “Mills 50 mainstay Will’s Pub property sold to new owner, but Will’s the venue and bar is ‘not going anywhere’.” – Orlando Weekly
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “27th Annual Paws in the Park scheduled for Saturday, May 8.” – Bungalower
- “Howard Middle installing multiple murals.” – Bungalower
- “New mural downtown gets unveiling.” – Bungalower
- “Sip your way through Ivanhoe Village, March 27.” – Bungalower
- “UCF to offer COVID-19 vaccines to employees on campus.” – Click Orlando
- “Orlando City turns down $10 million Premier League offer for Daryl Dike.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Korean grocery giant H Mart will open its first Florida location in Orlando.” – Orlando Weekly
- [PAYWALL] “Will’s Pub in Orlando’s Mills 50 District is no longer on the market.” – Growthspotter
- [PAYWALL] “The Cookie Challenge: Why one Orlando man ran a marathon from Gideon’s to Gideon’s.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Traffic noise is a silent killer.” – The Atlantic
- “5-Ways Biden could improve diversity outdoors.” – Atmos
- “Curator of Portland’s ‘random bike art’ museum retires from PBOT today.” – Bike Portland
- “Where the 15-Minute City falls short.” – Bloomberg CityLab
- “An empty Second Avenue streetery was obliterated by a dramatic midtown crash.” – Curbed
- “The Underline, Miami’s new park under its train tracks, is now open.” – Fast Company
- “Coalition calls on NYC leaders to kick cars off 25 percent of city streets.” – Gothamist
- “The Deal that’s saving San Francisco’s restaurants.” – Reasons to be Cheerful
- “What about Jane?” – Urban Omnibus
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 3/15: In-Between Series – Mathi Gcabashe (Downtown)
- Tuesday 3/16: Taffy’s Bungalower Bingo (Downtown)
- Tuesday 3/15: Orlando Solar Bears vs. Florida Everblades (Parramore)
- Thursday 3/18: Front Porch Series featuring Jordan Foley and The Wheelhouse (Milk District)
- Thursday 3/18: The Robert Hill Collection – Orlando Ballet (Ivanhoe Village)
- Friday 3/19: Movies on Mills: White Castle Crave Mobile and Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle at Carlotta’s Culture Park (Mills 50)
- Friday 3/19: The Queer Art of Surviving a Pandemic (ONLINE)