The Orange County Library System has joined forces with the Orange County Public Schools Food and Nutrition Services department to launch a free meal program for students that are out on summer break.
The Summer BreakSpot Program runs from June 1 to July 30 Monday to Friday (excepting July 5th) at the library branches listed below. Families can simply swing by and take their meals to-go with each child and young adult under the age of 18 receiving one free meal.
- Chickasaw Branch: 11 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Fairview Shores Branch: 11 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Hiawassee Branch: 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- South Creek Branch: 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- North Orange Branch: 12:45 – 1:45 p.m.
- South Trail Branch: 1 – 2 p.m.
This is a federally funded program, made possible by the USDA and more information is available HERE.