This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Click HERE to listen to the latest episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1 which was recorded at the newly opened Marketplace at Avalon Park food hall. Or catch up on one of your favorite podcast platforms. Or just click play on the button below.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- OUC ended its water restrictions, but with only a 10 percent decrease in water use, did it really work? Why do you think Orlando residents weren’t interested in curbing their water use?
- A construction crane collapsed by AdventHealth in Ivanhoe Village and wrapped around a parking garage that is still under construction.
- A La Cart is hoping to open a new location south of downtown Orlando but the County seems a bit wary of the project.
- Hungry Pants just launched a new evening menu with wine that was curated by the folks at Golden Hour Wine in Baldwin Park and our Bungalower Buddy members got to try it before anybody else.
- WPRK is launching a new civic-minded show with the cooperation of the City of Winter Park.
- Orlando Fringe is returning to downtown Orlando with its winter event series.
- Bad Ass Sandwich just closed its Winter Park location.
- “Brightline revamps intercity rail with speedy nose, elegant seats, no coach class.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Median home price in Orlando drops for first time in nearly a year, report finds.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Scooters prove popular on International Drive, but not with tourist corridor’s business leaders.” – Orlando Business Journal
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “CRA building homes in Parramore.” – Bungalower
- “Mennello Museum to showcase series focusing on the Underground Railroad.” – Bungalower
- “New Winter Park I-4 art sculpture now (mostly) installed.” – Bungalower
- “Orlando renewing grant support program for tech events.” – Bungalower
- “Photos: Come Out With Pride 2021.” – Bungalower
- “Video: Get to know Bird scooters.” – Bungalower
- “Wall Crawl is ready to sleigh with Santa photoshoots.” – Bungalower
- “Scott Satterwhite and Aaron Cometbus look back at Florida’s storied ‘punk house,’ the 309, Oct. 14 at Park Ave CDs.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Watch: Central Florida man jumps into Intracoastal to try and swim away from police following chase.” – Orlando Weekly
- “With international travelers returning to Orlando, dinner theater entertainers hope to get back to something like normal.” – Orlando Weekly
- “In Florida, petty condo politics jeapordizes residents’ safety.” – Bloomberg CiyLab
- “The biggest public graveyard in the U.S. is becoming a park.” – Bloomberg CityLab
- “The power of electric bike libraries.” – Bloomberg CityLab
- “A landscape architect who loves ruins and hates ruin porn.” – Curbed
- “Building prosperous communities through inclusive, accessible entrepreneurship.” – Knight Foundation
- “Movie Set Urbanism: Revisited.” – Strong Towns
- “Want more small-scale developers in your town? This guide will show you how to get there.” – Strong Towns
- “Study: Make electric vehicles lighter to get more benefits.” – Treehugger
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Tuesday 10/19: Bianca Del Rio – Unsanitized (Out of Bounds)
- Wednesday 10/20: Orlando City SC vs. CF Montreal (Parramore)
- WEdnesday 10/20: Peek a Boo Lounge Halloween Show (Downtown)
- Thursday 10/21: 12th Annual Dia de los Muertos and Monster Party (Downtown)
- Thursday 10/21: Women United Power Hour (ONLINE)
- Friday 10/22: The Legendary JC’s and Special Guests (Mills 50)
- Friday 10/22-24: Spooky Empire Official Event (Out of Bounds)