This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Click HERE to listen to the latest episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1 which was recorded at East End Market’s new second-floor bar/lounge/retail shop/chef’s table space, The Neighbors.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- The Orange County Animal Shelter is near capacity with dogs and they want you to really think hard about other options before contacting them to surrender yours. We’d like to add, don’t adopt a dog unless you’re in it for the long haul.
- Foxtail Coffee’s new food hall/bar concept, Milkhouse, has just opened in The Milk District.
- City Hall is inching forward with a revamp of Virginia Drive.
- The historic Sorosis of Orlando Woman’s Club building sold to new owners and will become the new Eola Garden Club … if they can get the approval from the City of Orlando.
- OUC launches Solar Pledge to be 100 percent renewable by 2030.
- There’s a “death doula” in town and she specializes in helping people die peacefully and mindfully. She’s hosting a workshop this Tuesday.
- The Winter Park Fire Rescue team released a four-part documentary series about their staff and one of them features a hot surfer turned fireman. You’re welcome.
- “Orange County schools to end face mask mandate for students starting Monday.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Mu variant of COVID-19 detected in Altamonte sewer service area.” – Click Orlando
- “Historic downtown Orlando property — home to Tanqueray’s bar — sold to New England realty group.” – Orlando Weekly
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Orange County Library System’s Local Wanderer program will expand thanks to an almost $50,000 dollar grant.” – 90.7 WMFE
- “Cool Job Alert: Assistant Event Coordinator at City of Orlando.” – Bungalower
- “Cool Job Alert: Zamboni Driver at Amway Center.” – Bungalower
- “CRA funding new Sidewalk Cafe Incentive Program.” – Bungalower
- “Enzian hosting 23rd Annual Florida Jewish Film Festival.” – Bungalower
- “Orlando woman spots witch in the clouds just days before Halloween.” – FOX 35
- “I was humiliated’: Orlando mom with OnlyFans account says she can’t volunteer at child’s school.” – News Channel 8
- “4 metro Orlando apartment complexes sold for $300M-plus.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Hell of a trip: Places named after the devil in Florida.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Nominate someone for 2021 Central Floridian of the Year.” – Orlando SEntinel
- “14 of our favorite rooftop restaurants and bars in Orlando for Fall 2021.” – Tasty Chomps
- “Who were the Most Remarkable People of 2021? – Watermark
- “Renovated 4/2 Conway home asking $415,000.”
- “3/2 Lake Como home asking $375,000.”
- “2/2 College Park home asking $440,000.”
- “The terrifying rise of haunted tourism.” – Bloomberg CityLab
- “5 Affordable camper vans for sale.” – Curbed
- “Athens: Urban inspiration.” – Monocle
- “Yinka Ilori’s 3D-printed basketball court.” – Monocle
- “Monitoring the effects of the pandemic on metros and cities.” – Planetizen
- “A drive through ‘the ugliest place in Maryland’ – Part 1.” – Strong Towns
- “Fixing finance for small-scale development.” – Strong Towns
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 11/1-6: DOMU Dynasty 5-Year Anniversary Week (Multiple Locations)
- Tuesday 11/2: Transforming Death – Day of The Death Healing Circle (Downtown)
- Wednesday 11/3: Sustainability – Placemaking for Resilience and Equity (ONLINE)
- Thursday 11/4: 4th Annual Handbags for Hope (South Eola)
- Thursday 11/4: Symphonic Disney – The Most Magical Music on Earth (Out of Bounds)
- Friday 11/5: GROWvember Fall Plant Sale (Winter Park)
- Friday 11/5: Lunch and Learn – Florida’s Fauna and Folklore (ONLINE)
- Friday 11/5-7: Orlando Greek Fest 2021 (Maitland)