This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Click HERE to listen to the 250th episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1, which was recorded at Black Rooster Taqueria’s new location in Curry Ford West with the radio show’s official lawyer, Moe DeWitt.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- A search for a stolen French bulldog revealed a whole crime ring devoted to reselling dog-napped pets last month.
- Two years after the roof of Black Bottom House of Prayer collapsed, the congregation of the Parramore-based historic church are looking to raise $250,000 before the end of the month in order to qualify for a $1 million grant to have it repaired.
- A pot dispensary is moving into a former Steak ‘n Shake on Colonial Drive and for some reason they won’t be serving burgers there. Big mistake.
- Gnarly Barley just announced it’s official opening date for its new home in Ivanhoe Village.
- Krampus is clip-clopping into the Milk District on December 5. There will be spanking.
- Did you know that Lake Fairview once had a “geyser” on the southside of the lake? We’re trying to find where it was before it was capped off so feel free to send us any tips you may have.
- The City District just launched a new “Parramore Pride” grant program to help business owners spruce up their buildings.
- “101 things to love about Central Florida (2021).” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Nancy Alvarez signs off at WFTV to take on new role at Heart of Florida United Way.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Remembering Doug Head, Orlando political icon.” – West Orlando News
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Ask Bungalower: What’s happening at the old Eden’s Fresh?” – Bungalower
- “Orlando Economic Partnership launches new online tech hub.” – Bungalower
- “Friends say man disappeared while celebrating birthday in Downtown Orlando.” – FOX 35
- “Vintage furniture retailer signs lease for fourth Orlando store.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Disney World temporarily suspends sales of new annual passes.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Orlando International Airport workers walk out on the cusp of MCO’s busiest travel season.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Why you shouldn’t move to Orlando.” – Somos Orlando
- “Orlando man playing Judas in ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ arrested on Capitol riot charges.” – WESH 2
- “Police: Body found in Lake Ivanhoe is man who went missing after birthday celebration.” – WESH 2
- “Woman moves out after Central Florida apartment asks for $800 more in rent a month.” – WESH 2
- “2/2 Historic Thornton Park home asking $618,000.”
- “3/1 Colonialtown home asking $382,000.”
- “3/2 College Park home asking $369,900.”
- “City of cable cars: the ups and downs of life with Wellington’s private incline lifts.” – The Guardian
- “Atlanta’s night mayor will govern more than parties.” – Planetizen
- “The top urban planning books of 2021.” – Planetizen
- “Highlights from #BlackFridayParking 2021.” – Strong Towns
- “Why it’s worth rewilding on a domestic scale.” – Treehugger
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Tuesday 11/30: Cult Classics – “Inglourious Bastards” (Out of Bounds)
- Tuesday 11/30: Treadwell Red Hemp Beer Release (Winter Park)
- Wednesday 12/1: I-Drive District Holiday Tree Lighting (International Drive)
- Thursday 12/2: Christmas in the Park (Winter Park)
- Thursday 12/2: Slinging for Santa – A Holiday Charity Event (Thornton Park)
- Thursday 12/2: What’s Up Downtown for the Holidays (Downtown)
- Friday 12/3: Popcorn Flicks in the Park – “The Santa Clause” (Winter Park)