The owners behind the short-lived former arcade bar, Joysticks Arcade Lounge, are working on six new concepts that will be opening in downtown Orlando by the end of the summer.
The new themed concepts by fabrication and design company Bar None Creations (Website), the company behind immersive Halloween-themed bar, Cocktails and Screams, will primarily be located on Church and Pine Street and will include:
- 1-Up Orlando (Instagram) – a new arcade bar and retro lounge playing ’80s and ’90s at 25 W. Church Street [GMap].
- Outer Rim Tiki Cabaret (Instagram) – a space-themed tiki bar at 37 W. Pine Street [GMap] that according to the Instagram account, will have plenty of Star Wars goodies.
- High-T Orlando (Instagram) – a new High Tea Room and nighttime speakeasy, themed after Alice in Wonderland, will be located at 23 W. Church Street [GMap].
- Red Door Mezcaleria (Instagram) – not much is public about this concept besides a cryptic message on its Instagram asking, “Can you find the red door?” So we’re betting speakeasy.
- The Society (Instagram) – is allegedly inspired by secret societies and perhaps a little Carmen Sandiego with an Instagram account full of photos of precious artifacts like Excalibur, Caravaggio paintings, and the Arc of the Covenant.
- Gogo’s Disco (Instagram) – is a ’70s-inspired disco lounge with “groovy cocktails, dancing queens, duckpin bowling, and the most radical music to get your jive on.”
The Bar None Creations team, which does work for conventions and the amusement parks, designs everything from the decor to the drinks and the uniforms.
We first wrote about the 1-Up Orlando concept opening downtown in February 2022.