This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Click HERE to listen to the 276th episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1, which was recorded at Ziggie’s Pizza (Website) in Ivanhoe Village, with the official show lawyer, Moe Dewitt (Website).
TOP TEN HEADLINES
- Walmart is poised to launch its drone delivery service in Orlando soon but what we’re really holding out for is drone food delivery. Because what would taste better than sky tacos?
- Someone tried to burn down iconic ice cream shop, Goff’s, just over a week ago. It was the second attempt in the same month.
- There’s a new bartender-driven, Cuban-inspired cocktail bar opening in The Milk District.
- Sonny Nguyen’s standing-only sushi bar is ramping up to open this summer.
- Bungalower’s favorite drag bingo host, Taffy Pinkerbox, has moved to Tactical Brewing in Baldwin Park and we’re celebrating the move with a three-week celebration. Bungalower Buddy members get an extra bingo card and a discount on their tab. The fun starts this Tuesday at 7 p.m.
- Mediterranean Blue has closed up shop.
- Were you at MegaCon last weekend? We were, and here’s some of what we saw.
- “Orlando’s proposals aimed at downtown safety clear planning board.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Our top reviews from the 2022 Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival.” – Orlando Weekly
- “F.B.I. investigates Basquiat paintings shown at Orlando Museum of Art.” – The New York Times
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT)
- “Florida tax break begins Saturday on supplies for your hurricane prep kit.” – 90.7 WMFE
- “Winter Park volleyball [team] scores national ranking.” – the32789
- “Deadline approaching to enter FusionFest’s cooking contest.” – Bungalower
- “House of the Day: 3/3 Tudor-inspired Lake Adair home asking $1,899,000.” – Bungalower
- “Will’s Pub hosting Peacock Room reunion on Monday, May 30.” – Bungalower
- “Orange County schools to provide free summer meals for children, OCPS says.” – Click Orlando
- “Woman visiting Disney World reports $40,000 in fraudulent charges after losing Apple Watch at EPCOT.” – FOX 35
- “These are the best hot dogs in Orlando – no buns about it.” – Orlando Date Night Guide
- “53% of Florida’s 3rd graders pass FSA reading amid ‘lost learning’ from pandemic.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Marketing slogans go way back in the City Beautiful.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Water-guzzling yards are getting a celebrity makeover.” – Reasons to be Cheerful
- “Orlando police: Man dead after shootout with officers near Mall at Millenia.” – WESH 2
- “Bentway Street Summit invites Toronto to reimagine the street.” – Azure Magazine
- “These toilets in Japan are about to get their own movie.” – Bloomberg CityLabs
- “Why Germany is offering a summer of cheap trains.” – Bloomberg CityLabs
- “Reforestation Hubs are saving urban trees from heading to landfills.” – Next City
- “The electric scooter rebound.” – Planetizen
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK
- Monday 5/30: 3rd Annual Peacock Room Reunion (Mills 50)
- Tuesday 5/31: MXMTOON (Downtown)
- Tuesday 5/31: Taffy’s Bungalower Bingo at Tactical Brewing (Baldwin Park)
- Wednesday 6/1: OTR – Born This Way Ball! (Ivanhoe Village)
- Thursday 6/2-6/6: One Magical Weekend (Out of Bounds)
- Friday 6/3: 2022 Florida Prize Exhibition Preview Party (Ivanhoe Village)