The Creative City Project (Website) has just revealed a lineup of art-centric events stretching from August 2022 into next year, including more inflatable architecture, literary works, live theater, and more.
“As we celebrate the incredible success of ‘The Seasons’, we are happy to continue the momentum and announce our new season of original and popular programming to Central Florida throughout the year,” says Creative City Project Executive Director Heide Evans. “Each year, we strive to deliver unique and unforgettable experiences, while creating meaningful events. Our upcoming season is no exception! We cannot wait for audiences of all ages to enjoy the amazing adventures that await.”
- ANTHOLOGY (August 19-21, 2022) – A night of stories and spirits. Four writers’ original works are paired with custom cocktail tastings, designed to bring a new level of immersion into the art of fiction. Live jazz music, an intimate atmosphere, and incredible storytelling combine to create a one-of-a-kind evening. (Note: Anthology is ages 21+).
- AIRPLAY (October 1-30, 2022) – Experience art like never before: Giant, immersive, and… inflatable. Journey through the UK’s “Architects of Air”, a massive, inflatable architectural walkthrough experience of color, light, and shape. Adventure through a giant, inflatable garden. Meet larger-than-life inflatable characters. Relax and connect in the shade of a unique, inflatable building and so much more. Surprises and play abound in this totally unique artistic adventure.
- DAZZLING NIGHTS (November 25, 2022 – January 1, 2023) – Back for its third year and bigger and more interactive than ever! Orlando’s 50-acre Harry P. Leu Gardens transforms once again into a stunning winter wonderland featuring a million dazzling lights, shining forests, magical displays, music, and beautiful sculptures during “Dazzling Nights” – a family-friendly adventure that gives guests the opportunity to embark on an unforgettable, interactive holiday experience. Dazzling Nights 2022’s expanded offerings include character meet and greets, a giant inflatable yeti playground, a snowstorm in a 40’ snow globe, a curated VIP experience, and more lights than ever before.
- NEVERLAND: The Lost Adventure (January through March 2023) – Follow the second star to the right and straight on ‘til morning and learn to fly in an all-new immersive experience for imaginations both young and old. Explore the wilds of Neverland and come face-to-face with the characters who call it home encountering surprises along the ¾-mile theatrical journey. Discover what it truly means to become one of Peter Pan’s “Lost Boys”… and Girls. From the creators of Dragons and Fairies and Down the Rabbit Hole, comes a new adventure that brings you into the classic tale of Neverland.
- RE: CHARGE (April 7-8-9, April 14-15-16, 2023) – Returning for its third year, Re: Charge is an ambient, relaxing event meant to rejuvenate with amazing sounds and soft lighting. Guests will leave feeling refreshed as they bring their own pillow and blanket to lay down in an individual 6’x8’ square for this restorative night of live music. Harpist Timbre Cierpke will lead a live ensemble of orchestral musicians playing a 60-minute concert of peaceful and reflective music.
- IMMERSE will return in 2023. “As we approach the 2022-2023 season, Creative City Project is taking a moment to reflect on the last decade of innovative, creative, and immersive experiences,” says Evans. “As we navigate the 2022-2023 season, the event known as IMMERSE will be put on pause and brought back during our 2023-2024 season, in order to make room for Airplay in 2022. We look forward to collaborating with existing and new community partners throughout our 2022-2023 season and look forward to spending a year envisioning how we can serve our community through new programming while producing IMMERSE 2023 and beyond.”