This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s downtown “bungalow neighborhoods,” and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Click HERE to listen to the 291st episode of Bungalower and The Bus on Real Radio 104.1 starring Moe DeWitt of DeWitt Law Firm and Jon Busdeker this week.
TOP TEN HEADLINES
- Orlando City won the 2022 U.S. Open Cup and we’re all very excited and proud of them.
- The Orlando Police Department wants access to your security cams and the Orlando Weekly hates the idea so much they’re cussing about it.
- Enzian Theater is hosting its annual 13 Films of Halloween next month and they’ll have a special menu of 13 Drinks of Halloween to help wash them all down.
- There’s a Beauty and The Beast-themed pop-up bar coming to the North Quarter and everyone’s going to be vying for a rose.
- Red Bull is hosting a massive wakeboard competition on Lake Ivanhoe this Saturday if you like eating barbecue while watching wet people do athletics.
- New kid on the theater block, Renaissance Theatre Company, is hosting a revamp of its hit Halloween-themed immersive theater experience Nosferatu. It’s really sexy though, so leave the kiddies at home.
- Framework Coffee is taking over Java J’s storefront in Mills 50 and everyone’s pretty pumped about it.
- Barnie’s Coffee and Tea is renovating its Winter Park store and it’s going to look super fancy when it’s finished.
- Three local artists are hosting an open studio tour on Saturday, October 15 that lets you see where they make all their ceramic magic and gives you access to some of their goodies that nobody has ever seen. Go shop local!
- Our September 2022 print issue is now available online. This month’s cover was designed with artificial intelligence. Because we’re fancy like that.
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT)
- “New Crisp and Green concept opening in Winter Park Village.” – Bungalower
- “FHP: Pedestrian killed after being hit by 3 vehicles, 2 left the scene.” – FOX 35
- “‘Pretty Bad Sprain’: Magic star Franz Wagner injures ankle in Germany win.” – The Magic Insider
- “Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream plans major Central Florida expansion by 2025.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Orlando City SC, Orlando Pride Hire Seasoned Sports Executive Jarrod Dillon as President of Business Operations.” – Orlando City Soccer
- “24 creepy Central Florida urban legends to keep you up at night.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Shaquille O’Neal’s Big Chicken franchise is coming to Orlando.” – Orlando Weekly
- “3/2 Colonialtown bungalow asking $399,000.”
- “2/2 College Park bungalow asking $415,000.”
- “2/3 Bungalow in Lake Eola Heights asking $625,000.”
- “How public art shapes cities.” – ArchDaily
- “NYC subway ridership hits highest level since onset of pandemic.” – Bloomberg
- “Empty offices and inflation are threatening NYC’s food trucks.” – Bloomberg CityLab
- “Red lights at Hong Kong crosswalks are helping phone zomies cross the street.” – Bloomberg CityLab
- “The devaluation of assets in Black neighborhoods: The case of commercial property.” – Brookings
- “Want to reduce violence? Invest in place.” – Brookings
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK
- ALL WEEK: David Bowie Week at Enzian Theater (Maitland)
- Monday 9/12: In-Between series presents Fabulous Weapon (CityArts)
- Tuesday 9/13: Bungalower Drag Bingo at Tactical Brewing (Baldwin Park)
- Tuesday 9/13: From the Heart – State of City District Main Street (Downtown)
- Wednesday 9/14: Halloween Open House at Prometheus Esoterica (Winter Park)
- Thursday 9/15: An Evening With Judy Collins (Milk District)
- Thursday 9/15: Red Hot Chili Peppers (West Lakes)
- Friday 9/16: Bomba Estereo (Milk District)
- Friday 9/16: Kameron Michaels at Southern Nights (Milk District)
- Friday 9/16: Kevin Hart in Orlando (Parramore)