This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s downtown “bungalow neighborhoods.” Click HERE to listen to the 299th episode of Bungalower and The Bus on Real Radio 104.1 which was recorded at The Woods in downtown Orlando which is now under new ownership.
TOP TEN HEADLINES
- Bungalower is teaming up with Ford and Tactical Brewing to host a special block party with MMA fighters wearing full plate armor on November 13. It’s going to be crazy.
- Southern Biscuits and Righteous Chicken is joining the Cock Block flock on 17-92 – that fried chicken strip we keep telling you about and designed a sexy tshirt for.
- United Arts just launched a new Diversity Training program to help make local arts boards less white and more like the communities they serve.
- The City of Winter Park is now accepting applications for its Green School Grant program for schools that serve Winter Park residents.
- The Orlando Pottery Festival will return on November 26. It’s the largest ceramic art market in Centra lFlorida and full of unique treasures for holiday gifts or for yourself.
- “Orlando music venue Uncle Lou’s hit with lawsuit over nuisance noise ordinance complaints.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Pop singer, Central Florida native Aaron Carter dead at 34.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Holiday planning? Here are Yelp’s top Orlando places to take your employees.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Black Magic Pizza will take over Itsa Chicken space in the Milk District.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Two tropical systems expected to develop this week, one possibly affecting Florida.” – Orlando Sentinel
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT)
- “Boys and Girls Clubs thrift store in need after flood damage.” – The 32789
- “Why Eliza Harris Juliano, bike/walk advocate, is voting yes on Orange County’s transportation referendum.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Dining Awards 2022: Readers’ Choice List.” – Orlando Magazine
- “Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis was married at Walt Disney World.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Orlando news anchor goes viral on TikTok defending daughters’ homecoming dance outfits.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Unlike the 2019 frenzy, the current Orlando engagement of ‘Hamilton’ has plenty of seats available.” – Orlando Weekly
- “OnePulse Foundation’s scholarship application period to open Dec. 1.” – Watermark
- “How to discover the history of your neighborhood, without leaving home.” – Bloomberg CityLab
- “5 Simple fixes to annoying city problems.” – Cracked
- “How mobile placemaking in Omaha, Nebraska is supporting the city’s Black commercial corridors.” – Brookings
- “Small Business, Streetscapes and Commercial Corridors: How cities are investing in local civic infrastructure to spur economic activity.” – Medium
- “How to recognize gentrification.” – Planetizen
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK
- Tuesday 11/8: The Dangerous Summer In-Store Performance at PACDs (Audubon Park)
- Tuesday 11/8: Disney Princess – The Concert (Downtown)
- Tuesday 11/8: Bungalower Drag Bingo at Tactical Brewing (Baldwin Park)
- Tuesday 11/8: Summerlin Soiree Sip-N-Shop at The Veranda (Thornton Park)
- Thursday 11/10: Altered Book Zine Workshop at Joybird Books (Audubon Park)
- Thursday 11/10: NAIOP Food and Wine Festival (Church Street)
- Friday 11/11: EDC Orlando (West Orlando)