Deadwords Brewing (Facebook | Website) opened on Orange Blossom Trail in December 2021 and will be celebrating its first year of operations with a full week of celebrations kicking off this Saturday, January 28.
The popular brewpub was built out in the former Al’s Army Store at 23 N. Orange Blossom Trail [GMap] and features a rotating selection of award-winning drafts on tap, including its Bridge, an American Premium Lager, which took home a gold medal at the 2022 Great American Beer Festival competition.
The anniversary celebrations will feature a full week’s lineup of events including:
- 𝟏/𝟐𝟖 – Anniversary party: Live music and two new taproom beer releases including an anniversary beer, “Janus,” a limited release, Imperial Dark ale, and a first-of-its-kind bottled beer.
- 𝟏/𝟐𝟗 – All-day happy hour to include $1 off all beer and $2 off all shareables (excluding charcuterie).
- 𝟏/𝟑𝟎 – Brewery closed.
- 𝟏/𝟑𝟏 – Regular Tacos and Jam Sessions and $2 off all to-go beer.
- 𝟐/𝟏 – Replacing the popular Pretzel and a Pint special with $2 off any and all pizza. Pretzel and Pints will return the following week.
- 𝟐/𝟐 – Game of Thrones Trivia Night and $2 off shareables.
- 𝟐/𝟑 – Bridge Day – An ode and a celebration of last year’s GABF gold medal win with $2 off Bridge in both cans and draft and 10% off all merchandise.
- 𝟐/𝟒 – A new beer release in collaboration with Spain-based brewery, El Mas Vell. They will be releasing a Proeza brew and $2 off all flights.
The name “Deadwords” comes from a 4,000-year-old beer recipe called the “Hymn to Ninkasi,” Ninkasi being the Sumerian goddess of beer. The song is believed to have been written down in 1800 BCE, but is likely much older and is believed to have been passed down through generations of beer makers via oral history traditions. The name is a nod to the civilizations that consumed beer that are no longer around and the dead languages they once spoke.
Bungalower Buddy members can unlock 20% off draft beers with their buy-local keychain.