This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s downtown “bungalow neighborhoods.” Click HERE to listen to Episode 318 of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1, which was recorded at the award-winning Deadwords Brewing (Website).
TOP TEN HEADLINES
- Did you or someone you know just move to Orlando? Check our our list of “7 Iconic Orlando Foods” and start making some plans. You’ll want to check them all off of your list.
- Orlando City SC fought hard to win in the latest match against Mexico’s Tigres but thanks to a random, dumb rule from the 60s, we were booted to the curb.
- Longtime Orlando Sentinel newswriter Beth Kassab has taken the helm at Winter Park Voice.
- The City of Orlando’s Downtown Development Board/Community Redevelopment Agency has just announced a new “enhanced” Downtown Ambassador Program to help with the city’s homelessness issue in the Central Business District.
- Freehand Goods is now open in College Park.
- Chef Bruno Fonseca’s new Foreigner Restaurant is now open in Audubon Park. Check out our BTS video of the beautiful new chef’s table experience.
- The City of Orlando’s annual Bike [The Mayor] to Work Day is back on March 20. We say “bike the mayor” because you’re really joining him and his crew on a trip through downtown and then delivering him to City Hall before you’re left to find your own way to your respective office – at home or otherwise. We’ll be there during the ride and the after party at City Hall. We’ll also be at Ivanhoe Park Brewing’s Half-Toberfest on March 25 overseeing the drinking competitions!
- “Catholic church targets Orlando sidewalks as threat, historic neighborhood defends them as vital.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Lending for downtown Orlando skyscrapers now ‘impossible,’ says prominent developer — so what happens next?” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Chelsie DiPaolo addresses the past and sets sights on her new venture, One Life Daily Market.” – Orlando Weekly
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT)
- “Scenes from the 64th Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival.” – The 32789
- “Amazon founder opens new free Montessori-ish school in Mercy Drive.” – Bungalower
- “Creative City Project revives immersive Re:Charge concert event.” – Bungalower
- “Milk District’s tiniest building gets new tenant.” – Bungalower
- “SunRail’s ‘Choo-Choo to the Zoo’ service returns this week.” Bungalower
- “Orange County HOA ordered to take down illegal speed bumps.” – FOX 35
- “Winter Park commissioners to consider limiting use of city’s street pole banner program.” – FOX 35
- “Mother of 14-year-old who died after falling off ride in Orlando reaches settlement in wrongful death suit.” – NBC
- “Former Corkcicle CEO launches new Orlando coffee company.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Orlando restaurateur to open new concept in former Marlow’s Tavern space in Winter Park.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Rollins College nears debut for $8M Tiedtke Theatre & Dance Centre complex.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Orlando International Airport sets new record for busiest day in history.” – WESH 2
- “Parking reaches full capacity at Orlando International Airport.” – WESH 2
- “New project breaks ground in trendy downtown district.” – WFTV 9
- “The enduring power of the Garbage Strike.” – Bloomberg CityLab
- “Extreme storms will punish cities that aren’t prepared.” – Bloomberg CityLab
- “One of Japan’s most revered architects says the world should build less.” – Bloomberg CityLab
- “From Cyberpunk Barcelona to Neo Tokyo: 20 AI-generated cities you have to see.” – Medium
- “Red Cities, Blue Cities, and Crime.” – Planetizen
- “City officials say 180 vouchers of up to $2,000 will be available for residents to purchase e-Bikes.” – WUSF News
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK
- Tuesday 3/21: Bungalower Drag Bingo and Music Video Dance Party (Baldwin Park)
- Tuesday 3/21: Cult Classics – Science on Screen – “Her” (Maitland)
- Tuesday 3/21: Harper Lee’s to Kill a Mockingbird (Downtown)
- Tuesday 3/21: Michael Bolton at DPAC (Downtown)
- Wednesday 3/22: Winter Park Wine and Dine Spring Edition (Winter Park)
- Wednesday 3/22: Orlando Solar Bears vs. Maine Mariners (Parramore)
BUNGALOWER MEMBERS CAN UNLOCK $10 TICKETS WITH THEIR BUDDY KEYCHAIN AT THE BOX OFFICE
- Thursday 3/23: Orlando Ballet “Director’s Choice” (Ivanhoe Village)
- Thursday 3/23: Orlando Bike Coalition Spring Mixer (Milk District)
- Friday 3/24: Sideward Turns 4! Celebration (Milk District)