- This event has passed.
Call for Artists Exhibition Title: Seventh Annual Dia de los Muertos & Monster Factory
October 20, 2016 @ 11:00 am - October 24, 2016 @ 6:00 pm
Call for Artists
Exhibition Title: Seventh Annual Dia de los Muertos & Monster Factory
Subject Matter: “The Seventh Annual Dia de los Muertos/Monster Factory” is accepting art in either the Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) or Monster Factory (Halloween) theme. All mediums accepted.
Art Drop off Dates: Saturday, October 15th, Monday, October 17th and Tuesday October 18, 2016 between the hours of 11AM–6PM. (Including application, submission fee, and art)
Art Pick up Dates: Saturday November 12th or Monday November 13, 2016 between the hours of 11AM-6PM.
Exhibit Dates: October 20, 2016 to November 11, 2016
Artist Opening Reception and Block Party: Third Thursday October 20, 2016, 6-11pm
Cost: $10 non-refundable submission fee (per piece) for the first 3 and $30 for 4 submissions.
Four submissions maximum please.
The artist must submit by dropping off their work at CityArts Factory for review during the dates posted.
1. All submissions MUST be labeled on the back of each piece with the following information: Artist’s Name, and Title. Art work will be juried into the show at the time of drop off.
2. It is recommended you supply a short artist bio or statement with entry form for our records.
1. All work must be original.
2. Art work must be framed and ready for hanging or display.
3. It is recommended that the artist attend the Third Thursday opening.
4. All sales will be reconciled within 10 days of the show closing. Artist should include legal name on submission if different from working name.
5. After-show closing, all work must be picked up on the day(s) indicated for pickup. CityArts Factory is not responsible for damage during storage to any work not picked up after posted pick up date. Any art not picked up within 14 days of the show closure will become the property of CityArts Factory.
6. CityArts Factory will make every effort to carefully handle and protect work, however, CityArts Factory cannot be held liable for damage to work or any personal injury sustained while participating at CityArts Factory.
7. Neither CityArts Factory nor the Downtown Arts District, Inc. is liable for theft of any work displayed within the premises. CAF and DAD will make every reasonable effort to maintain a secure premise for our artists.
8. Neither CityArts Factory nor the Downtown Arts District insures any art work displayed. Artists are welcome to provide their own insurance.
Click here to print document and submission form: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7UaqshwMUYJLWczcUZpTmthajA/view?usp=sharing