- This event has passed.
CBA14: Local solutions inspiring global action
September 21, 2020 @ 8:30 am - September 24, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
CBA14 will bring together practitioners, grassroots representatives, local and national government planners, policymakers and donors working at all levels and scales to discuss how we can drive ambition for a climate-resilient future.
CBA14 offers an innovative and interactive space, enabling the CBA network to promote climate action through:
- Inclusive, gender-transformative and meaningful engagement
- Sharing and collaborating around good practice and challenging assumptions
- Drawing on evidence to inform the scalability of effective approaches, and
- Influencing and shaping decision making processes.
The conference will have three key themes:
- Climate finance: how can public and private sector finance be accountability and transparently mobilised to scale up climate action, while remaining inclusive?
- Adaptation technology: how can adaptation technology be used to bring about adaptation at national level, and be integrated through policy and finance?
- Responsive policy: how can social movements inform policy that is ambitious enough to meet the Paris Agreement targets and improve climate adaptation for communities?
There will be a combination of parallel and plenary sessions, including:
- Marketplace sessions
- Skill share sessions
- Open space sessions for ‘Burning issues’ and ‘Big ideas’
- Thematic sessions, and a
- Dragons’ den.
We will announce more details on the programme structure and the ways in which you can contribute to the design of these sessions, by proposing ideas for thematic sessions, skill shares and marketplace stalls. For reference, see more information on last year’s CBA13 programme.
To find out more about the conference and to follow developments of the programme, go to the CBA14 website: www.iied.org/cba14. You can also sign up for email updates. The conference is planned to be held in a venue in central Bangkok and more details on the logistics will be shared once you’ve registered and as they become available.
For more information about ticket pricing, see the section below.
About the organisers
Tickets include registration for the four-day event, lunch and refreshments throughout each conference day, a welcome dinner on 21 September, and an online information pack.
Tickets exclude the costs of travel, accommodation, visas and travel insurance. Information on the venue and options for accommodation will follow upon confirmation of registration.
We will also send regular email updates including information about the venue, hotels and logistics, guidance on travel and visa processes, as well as news and programme updates.
We are offering a limited number of reduced tickets of £400 for participants from the global South with limited resources in order to ensure more diverse and inclusive participation. Reduced tickets are available to students, representatives of community-based organisations or small NGOs based and working in the global South and who do not have support from international/global organisations, with a focus on women and young people.
If you choose the reduced ticket, you will be asked to show supporting documentation demonstrating how this subsidy applies.
To access reduced price tickets, when registering include the optional promotional code CBA14REDUCED.
If you are seeking financial support (sponsorship)
We have been fundraising in order to support participants who cannot meet the full or reduced subsidised registration fees. It is not yet confirmed whether further funding will be made available to cover the cost of registration and/or travel.
On the basis that funding becomes available, to apply for a sponsored place please submit a short video introducing yourself. This video should be no more than 2 minutes long and should be submitted using this online form.
More details on how to submit an application and meet the criteria can be found on the online form. Selections will be made on a combination of first-come, first-served basis as well as judged on the merit of the video. We encourage all to apply but we do give focus to young people and women from the global South and representatives of community-based organisations who tend to be underrepresented at these types of events.
In order for this event to take place the cost of tickets (both £600 and £400) has already been subsidised by the organising partners. However, we are committed to making CBA14 as fair and accessible to all as possible, which is why we fundraise further to secure as many sponsorships as we can.
If you’d like more information on the ticketing policy, please contact [email protected].
How to register
Click the green ‘Tickets’ box above to complete your registration, and please have your passport and payment information ready. If you have any issues or questions about your registration, or are unable to pay with a credit or debit card, please complete this form to request an invoice.
The CBA team will publish regular email updates, including logistics information, guidance on travel, accommodation and visa processes, as well as news and programme updates. We always try to keep the emails to a minimum. If you have any questions about the event or registration, email us at [email protected].
Travel and accommodation
You are responsible for arranging your own travel, accommodation, visa and travel insurance. Once registered you will receive information on the venue as well as recommended nearby hotels for accommodations and any discounted rates we are able to secure for CBA participants.
You are responsible for ensuring what visa requirements you have depending on your passport country. The information below is an overview of Thailand’s visa requirements. This is a general guide only, and participants are responsible for checking the full requirements for their passport.
Thailand has a ‘visa exemption rule’ that allows tourists from 64 countries to enter Thailand without a visa. Travellers from these countries are granted a maximum of 30 days. In addition, a further 19 countries qualify for ‘visa on arrival’.
People who are not eligible to enter Thailand under the VISA ON ARRIVAL and VISA EXEMPTION RULE are advised to obtain visas with the closest Royal Thai Embassy. For more information, visit: https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/.
Please check with your nearest consulate if any of these rules apply to your nationality before making travel plans.
For further questions, please email [email protected]
Registration and payment methods
Payments can be made by Mastercard, Visa, Visa Debit and American Express credit cards. Please have your card details ready when registering, as well as your passport information.
After you have completed the registration and payment process, you will receive a confirmation email from Eventbrite. Please keep this confirmation email for future reference.
If you have any difficulties registering, please email [email protected].
Paying by card is the safest, easiest and quickest way to complete your registration. However, if you are unable to do so and would like to pay via bank transfer, please complete this online form. Please note that this will entail a longer process and you will NOT be able to register before the payment has arrived. Registration is first-come, first-served so we cannot guarantee your registration if the payment hasn’t arrived.
Refund and cancellation policy
You will be eligible for a partial ticket refund if you notify the organisers before 18 April 2020. The level of refund you will receive depends on the date of notice. If you are eligible for a refund the funds will be processed five days after the event has ended. Eventbrite might charge an administration fee. You will receive:
- 50% refund if cancelled before midnight on 18 April 2020
- No refund if cancelled after midnight on 18 April 2020
The notification of cancellation should be made in writing to [email protected].
1. All participants are responsible for securing their own travel insurance.
2. IIED reserves the right to postpone or cancel the event or transfer it to another site if unforeseen circumstances warrant such action.
3. In the event that the event cannot be held or is postponed due to events beyond the control of the organisers, or due to events which are not attributable to wrongful intent or gross negligence of the organisers, IIED cannot be held liable by delegates for any damages, costs or losses incurred, such as travel, accommodation, insurance, visa applications and other related costs. Under these circumstances IIED reserves the right to retain the ticket fee of the participant.
4. The event will be photographed and/or filmed on behalf of the organisers for display, distribution and broadcast, including on television and via the worldwide web. By attending or participating in this event you agree to give your consent to be photographed and/or filmed, and waive any claims regarding the use of your image or contribution. If this presents a problem, we will do our best to accommodate your request of not being included but we cannot guarantee it.
5. By registering you agree to receive periodic emails from [email protected] strictly related to important CBA event announcements. We will not share your information with any third parties but will continue to contact you after the event with future CBA announcements. You can opt out at any time.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
For all enquiries, please contact [email protected] and the event organiser (Karin Pointner) will respond as soon as possible.