- This event has passed.
Curry Ford West Blood Drive
May 21, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 7:00 pmFREE
Everybody should have an appointment for safety reasons.
As a friendly reminder the incentives that every donor will receive as thank you gift are:
– Free T-Shirt
– FREE Wellness Checkup including blood pressure, pulse, temperature, iron count and cholesterol screening!
No matter the circumstances, the need for blood does not stop. It is vital that a ready blood supply is available for our community at all times.
We value our partnership and thank you for your continued commitment and dedication to hosting blood drives, especially during this challenging time.
Safety of the blood supply, our donors, team members and blood recipients are OneBlood’s top priorities.
It is safe to donate blood. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has stated that the coronavirus does not pose any known risk to blood donors during the donation process or from attending blood drives.
OneBlood Donation Safety Protocols
• OneBlood is regulated by the FDA and required to follow strict operational guidelines.
• Our facilities and Big Red Buses are clean and meet all FDA safety standards.
• At every blood drive and donor center OneBlood team members follow safety protocols, including:
• Wearing medical gloves for blood collections.
• Wiping down donor-touched areas and equipment after every collection with disinfectant. This includes, donor beds, registration tablets, blood-pressure cuff and hemoglobin sensors.
• Using sterile collection sets for every donation.
• Conducting donor mini-physicals, including temperature check to ensure donors are healthy and well on the day of donation.
• Only people who are healthy are eligible to donate blood.
• As an additional safety measure, OneBlood is asking people who have traveled to countries at high risk for the coronavirus to self-defer from donating blood for 28 days upon returning to the United States.
• Team members who are sick or not feeling well do not report to work.
Social Distancing at Blood Drives and Donor Centers
• At blood drives, only a certain number of people will be permitted on the bus at any one time. Donors will be asked to provide their cell phone number so they can wait in their car or outside the Big Red Bus. They will be called when it is their turn to donate blood.
• At our donor centers, donors can wait in the donor center, but will need to maintain a safe distance between other donors or they can wait in their car and they will be called when it is their turn to donate.
• Help us help you. We encourage donors to make online appointments at https://donor.oneblood.org/donor/schedules/drive_schedule/951336. This will further assist with social distancing efforts and help with donor flow.
Now is the Time to Donate