- This event has passed.
Edward Steichen: In Exaltation of Flowers and Stephen Althouse: Metanoia Opening Reception
September 20, 2019 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
You are invited to the exhibition opening reception of Edward Steichen: In Exaltation of Flowers and Stephen Althouse: Metanoia on September 20, 2019.
The opening reception for Edward Steichen: In Exaltation of Flowers is a dual opening at both the Mennello Museum of American Art (MMAA) and the Orlando Museum of Art (OMA). In a first of its kind co-organized exhibition, the MMAA and OMA proudly present Edward Steichen: In Exaltation of Flowers. Steichen captured his world through fashion and flowers – 20 intimate black and white photographs and seven stunning gold-leaf mural paintings.
The dual opening reception will be held from 5:30-8:30pm in conjunction with the OMA’s opening of Stephen Althouse: Metanoia.
Your $15 ticket will grant you complimentary admission into both events. OMA Members and MMAA Members receive complimentary admission to both museums. Mennello Members use “firstlast” name as promo code. OMA Members use Member ID as promo code. Must present ticket or Member ID for access to the receptions.
Complimentary transportation between the two museums will be available for guests that evening.
PUBLIC RECEPTION DETAILS
• 5:30 – 8:30pm
• Cash bar
• Complimentary soft drinks and water
• Valet parking at OMA available for $5 per vehicle. Garage parking at the Orlando Science Center next to MMAA available for $5 per vehicle.
• FREE for OMA Members and MMAA Members. Must present ticket or show Member ID.
* Mennello Members use “firstlast” name as promo code
* OMA Members use Member ID number as promo code.
• $15 for Visitors – includes admission to both MMAA and OMA.
EVENT SPONSORS AT MMAA
• 1920s inspired fare provided by Runway Catering
• Live Jazz featuring The Steamin’ Trio
EVENT SPONSORS AT OMA
• Beverages by ABC Fine Wine & Spirits
• Hors d’oeuvres by Bonefish Grill
• Florals by Premier Event Services
ABOUT EDWARD STEICHEN
Through fashion and flowers, Steichen presents portraits of the cultural luminaries of the day: actors, writers, dancers, and singers of the early 1920s in intimate black and white photography and seven stunningly grand, large-scale gold-leaf mural paintings filled with portraits of his friends (the creative icons) and their floral counterparts. Learn more at https://omart.org/exhibitions/edward_steichen_in_exaltation_of_flowers/
ABOUT STEPHEN ALTHOUSE
Inspired by his love of tools and farm equipment, American artist Stephen Althouse (b. 1948) fabricated his early sculptures out of wood, leather, and forged metal to resemble farming implements. Later, rather than making sculptures from raw materials, he began collecting already made objects which he loosely assembled together to create new works of art.. Learn more at https://omart.org/exhibitions/stephen_althouse_metanoia/
MENNELLO MUSEUM OF ART
900 E. Princeton St. Orlando, FL 32803
ORLANDO MUSEUM OF ART
2416 N. Mills Ave. Orlando, FL 32803