- This event has passed.
Find Your Inner Fungi with Fungi Jon
May 14, 2022 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
FIND YOUR INNER FUNGI is an introductory mycology exploration from Fungi Jon perfect for beginners and the myco-curious. This class will demonstrate the potential and depth of mycology while exploring the multiple ways you can be involved with fungi. Participants will gain foundational knowledge of mycology and understand the many ways they can intentionally work with fungi while bringing awareness to the many ways they already coexist with fungi.
How can we can deepen our relationship with fungi, and how are we intimately connected with mushrooms and fungi on our planet?
This class will include an overview of native mushrooms and identification, fungi ecology, citizen science, propagating mushrooms, medicinal potential of mushrooms, preparing gourmet and medicinal mushrooms, fermented fungi foods (tempeh & kombucha) and mush more. Discover what resonates most with you, and get an introduction to mycology subjects to learn more in more specialized classes from Fungi Jon.
All participants will go home with a personal oyster mushroom grow experiment which we will prepare in class to begin observing the processes of fungi first hand. Let’s take a trip through the world of mushrooms together and expand our journey in symbiosis with fungi!
***REFUND and TRANSFER POLICY***
- Full refund may be issued if we are notified 72 hours prior to class.
- NO REFUNDS will be issued less than 72 hours prior to class.
- If you can no longer attend your scheduled class and would like to transfer your ticket to a future class, please notify us at least 72 hours prior . You may only transfer to a class based on open availability.
- If you miss your scheduled class, but would still like to attend a future Fungi Jon class for partial credit, 50% of your ticket can be credited and applied to the next class based on open availability.
- If Fungi Jon or Mead Botanical Garden, Inc. needs to cancel class for any reason a full refund will be issued to participants.