- This event has passed.
Florida4warriors Orlando Silkies Ruck
January 5 @ 8:30 am - 6:30 pmFREE
Route and times to be posted later
The mission of the Silkies Ruck Hike is to bring veterans together in a environment where they are able to bond with other veterans and create a support network in order to prevent veteran suicide.
ATTENTION ALL HIKERS, VOLUNTEERS AND CIVILIANS SAFETY BRIEF
*****Please remember that the hike itself is for Veterans, a person who has served or is serving in the armed forces, National Guard and Reserves. It’s important on these ruckes to keep that time for all the vets to have with their brothers and sisters******
1. It is imperative that we stay to the sidewalks when permitted, do not block traffic or jump in front of cars.
2. NO OPEN Liquor containers, if you have it on you for stops, keep out of sight while walking.
3. Pace your drinking!!! It will be hot and alcohol has a more powerful affect! Please be advised if you are visibly drunk we will put you in a vehicle for a few stops, we cannot have public intoxication!!
4. The hike is for veterans, reservists and enlisted ONLY, please help and join us at stops if you do not fall under one of these.
5. NO STROLLERS/CHILDREN on the hike.
6. Civilians DO NOT follow hikers. Meet at stops so we have no traffic issues.
7. Service Dogs are encouraged to stay home due to the heat.
8. Please be respectful of the bars, other patrons and the city so we are asked back in the future. And tip the staff even when items are being donated.
Remember to bring cash to buy your F4W shirt and tip at the bar. We will be providing snacks through out the day as well as dinner has been donated at the final stop, and drinks through out the day.