- This event has passed.
Nature-based Opportunities for Resilient Cities
July 21, 2020 @ 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Australia’s population is projected to reach around 40 million people by 2061. Designing cities that integrate native biodiversity represents a smart opportunity to build future resilience and a significant pathway for achieving sustainability goals. Biodiverse green space can deliver enormous benefits for health, education and wellbeing; it can help mitigate climate and weather extremes and provide natural solutions to urban water management and air quality.
Join us in learning more about what is happening for nature in our cities and the opportunities this presents in Australia and globally.
- Sarah Bekessy – Professor and Lead, ICON Science, RMIT
- Guy Williams – Senior Principal Consultant, Biodiversity Consultancy
- Chris Nunn – Head of Sustainability, AMP Capital
- Clarence Slockee – Director, Jiwah
- Claire Bowles – Sustainability Lead, i2C Architects
This webinar series is a collaboration between the National Environmental Science Program’s Threatened Species Recovery Hub, the Clean Air and Urban Landscapes Hub, and the Business Council for Sustainable Development Australia