- This event has passed.
Orlando Outfitters Fly Fishing Expo
July 16, 2017 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm
We hope you’ll join us on July 16th for the Orlando Outfitters 2016 Fly Fishing Expo. For the third year in a row, the industry-only International Fly Tackle Dealer Show, where fly fishing manufacturers show their latest products to members of the fly fishing industry, will be in Orlando. A number of our vendors who will be in town for the industry show will be staying an extra day to show their wares at our Fly Fishing Expo on Saturday, July 16. This will be a great time to meet and talk with the people who make the products you use every time you get out on the water.
We have a pretty good idea at this point what companies will be here but, because most will not announce their new products until a few days before our Expo, we don’t know yet what they will be bringing. We do know that the just announced Sage X rod will be here and are sure there will be a few other new rods and lines to cast. In addition, champion distance caster Steve Rajeff of G.Loomis will be demonstrating casting techniques and offering casting pointers.
Like last year, the show will be divided between Orlando Outfitters and Blue Jacket Park. Blue Jacket Park will be home to flats boats, stripping buckets, and fly rod and line manufacturers. This is an excellent opportunity to cast a wide variety of rods and lines and get some casting tips from some very experienced fly anglers and instructors. Make sure you also take the time to look at the lineup of technical flats boats by central Florida companies Hell’s Bay Boatworks, East Cape Skiffs and Custom Gheenoe. We suggest getting over there early before it gets too hot then taking the free shuttle bus from there to Orlando Outfitters.
Make sure you plan some time at Orlando Outfitters to look at fly reels, fly tying tools and materials, clothing, flies, artwork and all kinds of other gear. If you make a day of it, stop by one of our local restaurants for lunch – but save room for the free craft beer samples back at our shop.
We will be holding a raffle during the show with the drawing at 2 PM. Tickets will be available at Orlando Outfitters. Proceeds will benefit Casting for Recovery, Project Healing Waters and Bonefish & Tarpon Trust.
At Orlando Outfitters from 9:30 AM to 3 PM
- Reels, clothing, fly tying material, artwork etc. by Nautilus, Galvan, Hatch, Tibor, Lamson, Abel, Ross, TFO, Edge, G.Loomis, Rio, Cortland, Simms, Flood Tide, Umpqua, Renzetti, R. Distribution, Enrico Puglisi, Costa del Mar, Smith, Tom Burke Wildlife Art, Sight Line, Casting for Recovery, Project Healing Waters, Backcountry Fly Fishing Association
- Fly tying demonstrations by Chris Kincaid
- Raffle drawing at 2PM. Proceeds to benefit Project Healing Waters, Casting for Recovery and Bonefish & Tarpon Trust
- Free craft beer samples
- Free shuttle service to Blue Jacket Park leaves every 15 minutes
At Blue Jacket Park from 9:30 AM to 1 PM
- Boats by Hell’s Bay, East Cape Skiffs and Custom Gheenoe
- Fly rod demonstrations and casting pointers by Steve Rajeff
- Try out rods, lines and other products from G.Loomis, Scott, Sage, Edge, TFO, Redington Echo, Rio, Airflo and Strip & Feed Research
- Cold water will be available
- Free shuttle service to Orlando Outfitters leaves every 15 minutes