- This event has passed.
Placemaking for Government – 6 week course, June
June 22, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Our unique 6-week accelerated program is specifically tailored for government staff. Ideal for building internal capacity, mobilising placemaking culture and building a new place team.
Designed to build participant knowledge of cutting edge CoDesign Studio / Design jam placemaking practice, the course will provide face time with Valli Morphett who has successfully built a high performing placemaking team within Council, was CEO at CoDesign Studio and now leads Design Jam.
Dates: 22 June to 27 July, 1.00-2.30pm AEST
WHAT YOU GET
Through a series of interactive, online sessions, participants will accelerate their placemaking practice and be equipped with the latest methodologies, principles and processes.
Training will provide:
- 6 weeks x 90minute interactive online group sessions with Valli Morphett including 15minutes of dedicated question time.
- Private Facebook learning group for 8-weeks (access to exclusive alumni group thereafter)
- Weekly group reflections for deeper learning
- 90-page downloadable workbook “Community-led placemaking manual”
- Formal certificate of completion
If you miss a session recordings of each webinar will be available for 10 days after each session. Webinar training platform is equally accessible via mobile and desktop devices.
Week 1- Welcome
- Course introduction
- What is placemaking?
- Global & local trends
Week 2 – Inspire
- Inspirational case studies
- Behind the scenes tell-alls
- Exploring barriers & roadblocks
Week 3 – Frame
- Placemaking policies & frameworks
- Gaining executive buy-in
- Mobilising internal culture
Week 4 – Mobilise
- Setting up internally
- Catalysing externally
- Setting up grants
Week 5 – Deliver
- Insurance, risk & liability
- Expectation setting
- Managing community burn-out
Week 6 – Evaluate
- Place measurement
- Evaluation & reporting
- Setting goals
Course accessible on mobile devices and desktops. Mentoring packages available.
Email us at [email protected] for more information.