- This event has passed.
Rethinking Fashion Show
March 21, 2019 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm$7
Rollins College Rethinking Fashion aims to educate and inspire the community on how to align the fashion industry with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Our vendors include:
– Eileen Fisher: “Our vision is for an industry where human rights and sustainability are not the effect of a particular initiative, but the cause of a business well run. Where social and environmental injustices are not unfortunate outcomes, but reasons to do things differently.”
– Be Robin Hood: “We provide and promote products from reputable clothing brands who donate part of their profit to those in need. In addition, Be Robin Hood will also donate 10% of our profit to different charities based off of our customer’s choosing.”
– Emmy and Dove: “We believe that children’s clothing is an often overlooked way to inspire little girls to change the world. We donate a portion of all of our profits to different charities each month that help support children and girls around the world.”
– Dr. Candace Parrish: Dr. Candace Parrish has a background in public relations, visual communication, and social media research. She is interested in strategic communication from health (promotion and prevention) to entertainment. She has presented and won awards for her research in visual communication, public relations and social media both nationally and internationally. Dr. Parrish has consulted several organizations and artists on consumer insights, social media strategy, and graphic design.
– Sudara: “Each year, millions of women and children are trafficked into sexual exploitation in India. Sudara is working to change this by providing hope and opportunity through living-wage jobs, skills training, and education. This change is possible because customers are purchasing Sudara goods and making donations to Sudara Freedom Fund.”
– Nubia Natalie: “I officially founded NUBIA NATALIE in 2017, because I wanted to build a brand to champion artisans’ artwork and provide a socially-conscious active wear lifestyle brand. I felt the need to help our customers make healthier and eco-friendlier choices, without sacrificing quality for affordability. Thanks to my wide network of partners and collaboration with artisans around the globe, I was able to print the art on recycled and eco fabrics in an environmentally-friendly way. I believe that diversity is to be celebrated and I pride myself in working closely with traditional ethnic minority tribes in rural Mexico. I combine my knowledge about indigenous crafts with my experience in the industry and constantly works towards making the fashion industry more sustainable.” -Natalie/CEO+Founder
– TammyJo Fashion: She finds her Tammy Jo match and it makes her feel glorious, sexy, and seen. It’s my hope that women have a similar experience in my online shop, also. Every woman deserves to be seen. I want you to know I see you. You are beautiful to me.” -TammyJo, TammyJo uses vintage fabrics and prioritizes environmental sustainability.
VIP Tickets- $7 in advance, $10 at the door
-VIP early access at 5:30 PM with discounted shopping deals from our vendors and a guaranteed runway side seat
-An exclusive swag Tote Bag
-Entered for numerous giveaways from our vendors
-Proceeds go towards Sudara Freedom Fund- Every dollar is used to empower and improve the lives of women working to remain free from sex slavery