- This event has passed.
Sustainable City Spotlight: City of Winter Park
June 3, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
The City of Winter Park is working hard to meet and exceed sustainability goals for the community. Vanessa A. Balta Cook, the City of Winter Park’s Sustainability & Permitting Planner is here to talk about the city’s Sustainability Program, the UCF Energy Star Portfolio Manager training initiative, and Green Business Recognition Program. Dr. Richard Plate, UCF Environmental Studies Professor, will be discussing preparing students for environmental careers, collaboration in with local municipalities in education, and the impact of the City of Winter Park collaboration of students. Benjamin Ellis, LEED AP BD+C served as treasurer for USGBC Central Florida for three years, and currently holds a position on the Keep Winter Park Beautiful & Sustainable Advisory Board. Ben will be promoting the overall sustainability goals for the city and detailing Winter Park Sustainability Action Plan. Celina Lezcano and Jady Chen are both recent UCF Environmental Studies graduates and participants in the City of Winter Park’s UCF Energy Star Portfolio Manager training program. They will offer a student perspective into the program, tips for local businesses, and the resulting success of the collaboration for emerging professionals.
Vanessa A. Balta Cook, Sustainability Planner, City of Winter Park &Executive Director, Keep Winter Park Beautiful.
Dr. Richard Plate, Lecturer, Environmental Studies and Interdisciplinary Studies, University of Central Florida
Benjamin Ellis, P.E., LEED AP, Civil Engineering Group Leader, S&ME, Inc.
Celina Lezcano, LEED Green Associate, Leadership, USGBC Central Florida
Jady Chen, Food Waste Associate, City of Orlando
DETAILS & SCHEDULE AT A GLANCE
- Live Webinar
- Wednesday, June 3, 2020 11:00am – 12:30pm
- 11:00am Welcome/Announcements/Introductions
- 11:15am Panel (live on camera)
- 12:15 Q&A, Discussion and Wrap Up
- USGBC Florida Member + Guest (BOGO) — $15
- USGBC Member & Partner Organization members — $15
- General / Non-members — $25
- Emerging Professionals (Out of college; 30 and under) — $10
- Full time students (with .edu email) — FREE
Special opportunity for USGBC Florida Individual Members — Please consider bringing another person (e.g., student, client, someone who has never heard of USGBC) for no extra cost as part of your registration. The BOGO offer is to say thank you for being a part of our community!
AVAILABLE CONTINUING EDUCATION
- 1 GBCI General CEU (self reporting)
SHARE & CONNECT
Connect with us on our various social media channels:
USGBC Central Florida
- Facebook: @USGBCCentralFlorida — www.facebook.com/USGBCCentralFlorida
- Facebook: @USGBCFL — www.facebook.com/USGBCFL
- Twitter: @USGBCFL — https://twitter.com/USGBCFL
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/USGBCFL
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/USGBCFL
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/USGBCFL
Sarah Boren — [email protected] / 904-535-0055