- This event has passed.
1st Thursdays: Upcycled, Recycled
April 7, 2016 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
In this show, the artist’s palette will include discarded items that were originally created for a particular use, but repurposed and reimagined into art.
• The Dave Capp Project
• Vital Flair
• Artist “live” demonstration by Kimberly Wyant of KrapArt
• Artist Lori Babson Jessup creates upcycled blossoms
• Participate in the Heads Up! Project. BRING YOUR UNWANTED MATERIALS (tissue paper, buttons, bottle caps, glass beads, etc) to help create an upcycled art piece
• Urban up-cycled artist/designer Gail Warner and model Laura Greer present Bling Ring
• Opening Day of the exhibition: BARBARA TIFFANY AND LESLIE W. HARDY: PAINTING FROM LIFE
• Leu Gardens
• Porch Therapy
• Florida Artists Registry
• Albin Polasek Museum
• Vote on your favorite work of art!
• Sam Flax – Season Sponsor
• Publix – Contributing Sponsor
• Museum Members: FREE
• Visitors: $10
Admission includes access to the Museum’s featured exhibition. Parking is free at Orlando Loch Haven Park and overflow parking is available at the Orlando Science Center’s parking garage for $5 per vehicle.
1st Thursdays is sponsored by SAM FLAX Art. Much more than an art store. Located at 1800 E. Colonial Drive, Orlando. Visit SAMFLAXORLANDO.COM or call 407.898.9785 for more information… or see them at 1st Thursdays!