- This event has passed.
CALL FOR ARTISTS (Ages 15-21): Marching Into Spring
March 12, 2016 @ 11:00 am - March 15, 2016 @ 6:00 pm
Call for Artists
Exhibition Title: Marching Into Spring
Dates: March 17, 2016 – April 15, 2016
Artist Opening Reception: Third Thursday March 17, 2016 6-9pm
CALL TO YOUNG ARTISTS!! Ages 15 to 21
Show Theme: March recognizes International Women’s Day, Ides of March, St. Patrick’s Day, 20th Spring (Vernal) Equinox and Easter Sunday. Submit works of art in all mediums that depict these March themes.
International Women’s Day: “Celebrates the social, economic, cultural and political achievement of women” http://www.internationalwomensday.com/
Ides of March: The Ides of March is a day on the Roman calendar that corresponds to 15 March. It was marked by several religious observances and became notorious as the date of the assassination of Julius Caesar. As spoken in Shakespeare’s play Julius Caesar, “Beware the Ides of March” has become a metaphor for impending doom. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ides_of_March
St. Patrick’s Day: “What began as a religious feast day for the patron saint of Ireland has become an international festival celebrating Irish culture with parades, dancing, special foods and a whole lot of green.” http://www.history.com/topics/st-patricks-day
Vernal Equinox: “The March equinox signals the beginning of spring in the Northern Hemisphere and autumn in the Southern Hemisphere. It marks that special moment when the sun crosses the celestial equator going from south to north.” http://earthsky.org/?p=68679
Easter: “The holiday that celebrates and commemorates the central event of the Christian faith: the resurrection of Jesus Christ three days after his death by crucifixion.” http://www.religionfacts.com/easter
Art drop off starts Saturday, March 12, 2016. Questions will be answered by emailing: [email protected] . Tre Harris will be at the front desk and he will jury pieces submitted.
Art Drop off Dates: Saturday, March 12th, Monday, March 14th and Tuesday, March 15th, 2016 between the hours of 11AM–6PM (Including application and art)
Art Pick up Dates: Saturday, April 16th and Monday, April 18th between the hours of 11AM-6PM.
Cost: WAIVED. Four submissions maximum please.
Commission: 25% to the gallery
SUBMISSION FORMS FOUND AT https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7UaqshwMUYJbWtlZ1RfVjVQWm8/view?usp=sharing
The artist must submit by dropping off their work at CityArts Factory for review during the dates posted.
1. All submissions MUST be labeled on the back of each piece with the following information: Artist’s Name, and Title. Art work will be juried into the show at the time of drop off.
2. It is recommended you supply a short artist bio or statement with entry form.
1. All work must be original. All works submitted must be original works, and the Artist must have all necessary rights of use and reproduction. If any third party disputes the Artist’s claims of ownership, originality, or copyrights, CAF will not mediate the dispute or become involved. The work at issue will be removed and returned to the Artist. No refund will be provided.
2. Art work must be framed and ready for hanging or display.
3. It is recommended that the artist attend the Third Thursday opening.
4. All sales will be reconciled within 10 days of the show closing. Artist should include legal name on submission if different from working name.
5. After-show closing, all work must be picked up on the day(s) indicated for pickup. CityArts Factory is not responsible for damage during storage to any work not picked up after posted pick up date. Any art not picked up within 14 days of the show closure will become the property of CityArts Factory.
6. CityArts Factory will make every effort to carefully handle and protect work, however, CityArts Factory cannot be held liable for damage to work or any personal injury sustained while participating at CityArts Factory.
7. Neither CityArts Factory nor the Downtown Arts District, Inc. is liable for theft of any work displayed within the premises. CAF and DAD will make every reasonable effort to maintain a secure premise for our artists.
8. Neither CityArts Factory nor the Downtown Arts District insures any art work displayed. Artists are welcome to provide their own insurance.