- This event has passed.
March for Abortion Access | Orlando
October 2, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pmFREE
On October 4th the Supreme Court of the United States will be reconvening and one of the cases on their docket is a 15 week abortion ban currently being litigated from Mississippi. This, along with the six weeks abortion ban in Texas and our own fights in Florida, compel us as Central Floridians to come together and mobilize to protect abortion access for all.
REGISTER HERE: https://bit.ly/AbortionAccessORL
We’ll be gathering at Orlando City Hall at 11am on October 2nd to rally for reproductive freedom and to push local lawmakers to ACT and protect our rights. We’ll also be focused on voter registration and hear from phenomenal speakers including local advocates, providers and abortion story tellers. A short speaking program will take place from 11:20am-12pm with march set to begin at 12:00pm.
• Shakhea Hinton, she/her, Regional Director of Central Florida, Florida Rising
• Rebecca Desir, she/her, Founder, Black Health Commission
• Nikole Parker, she/her, Director of Transgender Equality, Equality Florida
• Ciné Julien, he/they, Digital Reproductive Justice Organizer, Florida Access Network
• Alyx Carrasquel, she/her/ella, Intake Coordinator, Florida Access Network
• Thali Sugisawa, she/her, Nonprofit Professional & Advocate
• Dr. Sara Shunkwiler, she/her, Abortion Provider, Planned Parenthood of Southwest and Central Florida
• Rep. Anna V. Eskamani, she/her, Mistress of Ceremonies
Join us as we march together for reproductive freedom!
NOTE: The COVID19 pandemic is very, very real. We are asking all attendees to practice prevention. That means wear a mask, keep a distance between yourself and others and if you haven’t done so already please get vaccinated.
Based on safety recommendations there is *always* a chance this event will be converted into a virtual event. PLEASE register to attend so we can keep you up to date on any changes.