Here’s our rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week in Downtown Orlando area news.
- The new Central Station development downtown will include a pedestrian paseo and urban park. It’s full of great green spaces and the renderings look don’t look like anything we have in our city.
- Orlando City signed Brazilian Superstar Kaka. The former FIFA World Player of the Year joins Orlando City as the club’s first designated player.
- We got a chance to look at the updated renderings for Thornton Park Townhomes being built in the South Eola Neighborhood. The update was in response to the previous renderings being too bland to be approved by the City’s Appearance Review Board.
- The OBJ has details on two buildings being sold downtown. LA based LR Plaza Garage LLC spent $30.3 million on the Chase Plaza parking garage. 200 Orange Realty LP, (partners are local real estate investors Jim Gissy and Ed Wideman) purchased the SunTrust bank building for $18.8 million.
- The aquatic mural on the old Ace Rubber Stamp building was replaced by new Red Bull mural from local artist Andrew Spear. Comments on the mural swap are mixed.
- After almost a year, construction begins again on World of Beer at Lake Eola. The new restaurant/bar is expected to open this fall.
- There’s a big hole in the side of two of the bars on Orange Age. That’s because Wall Street Plaza is adding a new restaurant/bar in that space.
- After the Hangar in College Park closed down we’ve been waiting to hear what will take it’s place. Now were hearing that RusTeak Restaurant and Wine Bar will open in the former Hangar Space.
- The Mills BrewPub opened in the former Banana’s space in Mills 50. The new restaurant/bar has a gastropub style menu with plenty of craft beer and wine.
- The Orlando Weekly stopped by Artisan’s Table in Downtown Orlando. Calling it “arguably downtown Orlando’s most innovative restaurant.” (Bungalower members got a free signature cocktail at Artisan’s Table in June. Join today to get deals at all the new places we cover)
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.