The project is one of our favorite downtown events. It puts creative surprises throughout downtown.
This years event features 13 hours of public performances by 30 different artists.
All performances are free.
One of the things that makes a great downtown is having moments of unexpected entertainment. There will be plenty of that on Saturday night as this year’s Creative City Project promises to offer surprising and innovative, unexpected experiences in unexpected places.
Some of the highlights include:
- Cirque du Soleil silk performance from a crane on Orange Ave. and projected media from Fiction Creative Agency.
- Orlando Ballet and projection artist, Nathan Selikoff, at the Orange County Regional History Center.
- The Central Florida Community Arts Orchestra and The Cook Trio at Chase Plaza.
- The Mud Flappers at Orange and Pine.
- Interactive Installations along Pine Street.
- Performances by Phantasmagoria, Voci Dance, DRIP, Florida Symphony Youth Orchestra, UCF Percussion and more throughout Downtown.
Here’s a look at where you can wonder and enjoy the performances:
Loft 55 Gallery
The Empty Spaces Theatre Co
Orlando Chapter of USA Dance
DG’s Afro-Latin Dance Fusion
DJ Dizzle Phunk and B Side Artists
Stuffed with People
Rhubarb the Bear
Deb Knispel’s “Living Tableau”
Architect, Jared Akers Sculpture Installations
Black Box Improv Experience – Joseph Hayes
Arkie Calkins Immersive Experience
Rachel Chase Video Performance Art
Matthew Roberts and the Digital Art program from Stetson University
Keith Kolakowski and other “Poets For Hire”