Over the weekend the city hung the historic downtown Christmas star over Orange Ave.
Wilson Reed, who operated Dickson & Ives at the corner of Central Blvd and Orange Ave, first hung the star in 1953. When his store was sold in 1958, the star vanished.
In 1984, Jack Kazanzas led the effort to replace the star and return the favorite decoration to Orange Avenue.
Here’s a video from the city with more details on the history of the star: