Visit Orlando (Website), the County’s official pro-tourism agency, has launched a free app for tourists visiting the region.
Features of the app include:
- A Smart Search feature to find recommendations for hotels, restaurants, and activities.
- Around Me, an interactive map that shows points of interests nearby. Editor’s Note: We tried this feature ourselves when we were visiting the Guesthouse in Mills 50 and the only locations it pulled up were Sip (now home to the Matador), and Paradise (now St. Matthew’s Tavern).
- The Personal Concierge option allows users to call a Visit Orlando “Destination Specialist” to make reservations.
- Tracking weather patterns and suggesting indoor activities in the event of an afternoon storm.
- A Magical Orb augmented reality game a la Pokemon Go, where users can win real-world prizes.
You can personalize your app to look for things based on whether you are a Business, Family with children, or an adult with no kids. It has a 4.0 rating in the Google Play store.
The Visit Orlando App can be downloaded HERE.