The views and opinions expressed in this episode are those of the hosts alone and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Bungalower Media
Learn all about the top headlines, new restaurants, and best-bet events to attend this weekend with Bungalower and the Bus. Hosted each week by Jon Busdeker and Brendan O’Connor.
This week’s episode marks one year of drinking and talking about the top local stories. We recorded it at BART Arcade and Bar in the Mills 50 District and then played it in front of a live audience with happy hour-priced dranks and prizes! If you want to play along, just take a drink every time Jon says “Orlando Sentinel” or Brendan says “love.”
Please drink responsibly.
Thank you to everyone who has been a part of the adventure thus far. We look forward to another year ahead of rapping about the City Beautiful.
** Special thanks to Pinkman from Philips Phile for this week’s intro!
ALTERNATIVE FACT CHECKING:
- 2:10 – “Who’s on First” is a classic comedy routine made famous by Abbott and Costello. Jon didn’t get it.
- 5:05 – Check out this great bit on Huff Po about why we pronounce it “Fuh” instead of “Faux.”
- 5:45 – The pop-up actually happened in the East End Market’s APEX event space.
- 9:12 – Jon didn’t hallucinate, for once! The Orlando Sentinel did quote Gaekwad and Yeager as saying that they would (maybe) be reopening the main Church Street entrance. Read more HERE.
- 15:14 – Brendan was actually hanging out with Janessa Gursky that night, Executive Director of ArtReach Orlando, not Jenny Dewitt the Townie Tourist.
- 15:28 – Portugal is known for delicious seafood as well has having strong North African/French/Mediterranean influences. Jon clearly thought Portuguese meant Brazilian.
- 20:22 – The name of the bike share program is “ofo.”
- 30:01 – A tartine is a French open-faced sandwich with yummy stuff on top.
- 30:50 – Tartine Orlando is open until 10 p.m.
- 45:03 – You can read Brendan’s weekly opinion piece in the Orlando Sentinel‘s “Central Florida 100 every Sunday. Click HERE for this week’s roundup.