United Arts of Central Florida has announced its latest recipients in its August cycle of Mini-Grants. Ten organizations were awarded Mini-Grants totaling $24,500 in this first cycle of the new fiscal year.
United Arts has three deadlines per year for their Min-Grants funding cycle, with a short application and one-month turnaround from submission to grant decision.
This cycle’s recipients include:
- Asia Trend – Awarded $1,000 for the 2018 Asian Cultural EXPO.
- Autism Society Of Greater Orlando – Awarded $1,500 for Autism Art program.
- The Celebration Foundation – Awarded $1,000 for Concert Series.
- Central Florida Sounds of Freedom Band and Color Guard – Awarded $1,000 for the production Believe
- Chance 2 Dance – Awarded $1,000 for Winter Wonderland Performance.
- HAPCO Music Foundation – Awarded $2,000 for Jazz Clinic 2019. Students learn from professionals in group and breakout sessions at the free, 1-day HAPCO Jazz Clinic. Up to 18 local middle- and high-school jazz bands perform for a panel of 3 judges.
- Ivanhoe Village – Awarded $1,000 for Art Box.
- Messiah Choral Society – Awarded $2,000 for the 46th Annual Performance of Handel’s “Messiah.”
- Music To My Mind – Awarded $1,000 for the So You Want Your Name In Lights Music Summer Camp.
- Orlando Health – Awarded $2,500 for Creative Interaction for Regional Cancer Care Centers.
- Performing Arts of Maitland – Awarded $2,000 for the Baroque Chamber Orchestra and Chamber Music Players 2018-2019 Concert Series.
- Playwrights’ Round Table – Awarded $1,500 for the 2018-2019 Season of New Plays and Workshops.
- Public Arts and Music – Awarded $1,000 for the Lake County Folk Festival 21.
- Sanford Porchfest – Awarded $1,000 for the Sanford Porchfest 2019.
- Snap! Orlando – Awarded $2,000 for City Unseen — A New [AR]t Experience. “City Unseen” is a public art project that will ignite the local landscape.
- Tavares Theater – Awarded $1,000 for the Musical Community Theater Production: “She Loves Me.”
- Timucua Arts Foundation – Awarded $2,000 for performances by Alterity Chamber Orchestra: “Chambers of the Mind.”
United Arts is now accepting applications for the next cycle of Mini-Grants. The next application deadline is 5:00 p.m., February 1, 2019. The maximum grant award is $2,500 per organization per year. Organizations can learn more or apply at www.UnitedArts.cc/grants.