The Downtown Orlando Partnership hosted their annual Golden Brick Awards luncheon, recognizing the best community and development projects that impacted the downtown in 2018.
The following 13 projects were awarded bricks for their work:
- Highwaymen Kids Program (Category: Art)
- The Orlando Magic Foundation Community Center (Category: Community Engagement)
- Genome: Unlocking Life’s Code Exhibition (Category: Diversity)
- Shutts & Bowen LLP Remodel & Expansion (Category: Expansion)
- Downtown Orlando YMCA’s Let’s Move For a Better World (Category: Health + Wellness)
- Orlando Health Team Member Center (Category: Renovation)
- CRA Infill Homes (Category: Residential)
- City PUB (Category: Restaurant)
- Robinson Cocktail Room (Category: Bar)
- Black Bee Honey (Category: Retail)
- Celebrating Women in Sports (Category: Sport Special Event)
- Dockless Bike Share (Category: Sustainability)
- CITY UNSEEN (Category: Technology + Innovation)
The Mayor also presented the 2018 Downtowner of the Year award to Allen Johnson, the Chief Venues Officer for Orlando Venues.