UPDATE: It’s Thursday, so everyone’s open now. We won’t be updating this list anymore. Thanks, Orlando!
Hurricane Dorian is now a Category 2 storm and still making its way up the Atlantic coast from the Bahamas. The storm isn’t as intense as it was but the size is still large enough to have an impact on eastern Florida as it makes its way northwards.
All of Central Florida is still under a Tropical Storm Warning.
There will be no curfew in Orange County but refrain from driving if you can.
In the meantime, Orlando businesses and services seem to already be waking back up after an extended Labor Day break. Here is a running list:
FOOD AND/OR BOOZE
- Eden’s is open in Winter Park, Thornton Park, and College Park.
- Swine and Sons is open with regular hours and serving their Hot Chicken Sandwich.
- Black Bean Deli is open at their Colonial location today.
Garp and Fuss is closed through the end of September as the owners are on vacation.
- Reel Fish Coastal Kitchen and Bar is open today for lunch, happy hour and dinner and still honoring Magical Dining deals.
Beefy King is open.
- Black Rooster Taqueria is open.
- Hunger Street Tacos is open in Winter Park.
- Bad As’s Sandwich is open in the Milk District.
- Starbucks in the Grand Bohemian is open.
- KrungThep Tea Time is open in Winter Park.
- The Strand in Mills 50 will be open regular hours today.
- The Drunken Monkey is open.
- Junior’s Diner is open in Audubon Park (they have our new Orlando Survival Guide too).
- RusTeak is open in College Park and Ocoee.
- Swan City Bagels and Eola General is open in Lake Eola Heights.
- Valhalla Bakery is open on South Street.
- King Bao is open.
- Se7enbites will be open until 2 p.m.
- Pizza Bruno is open from 5-10 p.m. on Curry Ford.
- All Orlando locations of Jimmy Hula’s are open and ready for you.
- Bento is open.
- Sticky Rice is open on Colonial Drive.
- PR’s Taco Palace is open in College Park.
- Shake Shack in Winter Park is open but we don’t recommend paddleboarding over to the dock today.
- Deeply Coffee is open and they do waffles.
- Panullo’s is open.
- Orchid Thai on Park Avenue is open.
- Gourmet Croissants is open.
- Umi is open and they have steak AND sushi.
- Orlando Meats is open. Ask them to share some noods.
- Mediterranean Deli is open on Fairbanks.
- Infusion Tea will be open until 3 p.m.
- Pig Floyd’s is open in Mills 50.
- Del-Dio Pizza is open.
- Donut Central and Fuelpresso is open.
- Both Tin and Taco locations are open.
- Gelato Go is open.
- Austin’s Coffee is open regular hours and hosting an open mic event tonight.
- The Hideaway Bar never closed.
- Roque Pub on Curry Ford is open and serving food.
- Wally’s Mills Avenue Liquors is open.
- The District Gastrobar is open until 5 p.m. today.
- Market on Magnolia is open.
- Harry Buffalo is open downtown.
- Embassy Irish Bar downtown is open until someone tells them they can’t be.
- Burton’s Bar will open at noon in Thornton Park.
- The Basement Orlando will reopen on Wednesday.
- The Guesthouse will reopen at 4 p.m.
- The Hammered Lamb is open for lunch and serving train shots (but the trains aren’t running so just ask for a shot).
- The Nook on Robinson is open for coffee and doughnuts in the Milk District.
- The Stubborn Mule is open in South Eola.
- Delaney Tavern in SODO is open in the new Delaney Hotel – so good.
- Redlight Redlight is open at 1 p.m.
- New Moon is open if you need to stave off scurvy from all the chips you just ate.
- Sideward Brewing says it’s “business as usual” at their Milk District hot spot.
- Digress Wine is open in College Park – don’t let the boarded windows fool you.
- Ivanhoe Park Brewing is pouring drinks. Ask them to bring back the Bungalower Lemonade while you’re there.
- Ollie’s Public House is open.
- The Thirsty Topher is open on Virginia Drive.
- GB’s Bottle Shop will open at 1 p.m.
- Conrad’s Shanty is open 6-11 p.m. tonight with $1 off tall boys.
- FinnHenry’s opens downtown at 3 p.m.
- Bar Louis is open in Winter Park Village – along with Cheesecake Factory, Hangry Bison, and the movie theater.
- Hillstone is open if you’re feeling fancy.
- Bowigens Beer Company is open.
- Aku Aku and Stardust Lounge never closed and they’re still doing their thing by Lake Eola. Aku is offering $5 Dorian Hurricanes too.
- Nora’s Sugar Shack is open until 7 p.m.
- The Falcon Bar is open in Thornton Park.
- The Local Bar and Grill is open in College Park.
- Orlando area Publix locations have resumed regular business hours.
- Trader Joe‘s is open in Winter Park.
- Woof! Orlando is open for puppy needs until 4 p.m.
- Park Ave CDs is open in Audubon Park.
- Super Target in Waterford Lakes is open.
- The Lovely in Audubon Park is open until 3 p.m. if you need a hurricane dress for your selfies.
- Fresh Market Mills Park is open, even though they call themselves “Fresh Market Winter Park.”
- Lucky’s has opened their Orlando locations.
- Fairvilla Megastore wants you to know they’re open … in case you’re not really ready to leave your house yet.
- Sprouts on Aloma is open.
- The City of Winter Park offices will reopen on Thursday, September 5 and city parks and recreation facilities are still closed until further notice. 9/3
- Curbside collection for Unincorporated Orange County is delayed until Thursday, September 5 if conditions are deemed safe.
- All garbage collection services are still suspended in Orange County for all of the day Tuesday but the landfill will be open until 5 p.m. today. – 9/3
- Valencia College will remain closed through Thursday, September 5 and will reopen on Friday, September 6. All classes and events are canceled.
- Orlando Science Center is offering break camps for children in grades K-5 on September 4 due to Orange County school closures. Click HERE for more info.
- UCF will remain closed on Thursday and reopen on Friday.
- Rollins College will open its campus on Thursday with classes resuming Friday.
- Orange County will reopen schools and offices on Thursday with varsity football being moved to Monday.