We told you HERE about the Church Street Main Street’s rumored expansion into the Parramore neighborhood and now we have a copy of their new, approved boundaries which will, as it states, “… expand the City’s Main Street Program, thereby linking Parramore’s commercial district to Downtown.”
City staff is recommending that the Main Street Agreement with Church Street not only be renewed but that they will also receive an addition of $50,000 for the 2019/20 fiscal year to pay for a new Associate Director. The new role will be responsible for overseeing all committees and activities related to Parramore in order to eventually make it its own district under its own purview.
The plan also includes an expansion of the Church Street Main Street boundaries into the Central Business District.
- West boundary is west side of Orange Blossom Trail
- Eastern boundary within Parramore neighborhood boundary – Hughey Avenue/I-4
- North boundary is West Colonial Drive
- South boundary is West Gore Street
Downtown Church Street Core
- North boundary just north of Washington Street
- East boundary just east of Magnolia Avenue
- Southern most boundary just south of Anderson Street
- Western most boundary at S. Garland Avenue