The Milk District is putting everyone on notice that it is declaring itself the center of Orlando’s sandwich scene with its inaugural Sandwich Week later this month.
The Milk District Sandwich Week is scheduled to run from August 20-28 and will highlight signature sandwiches from 14 local restaurants in the district. The week will be marked with special events and a pop-up shop featuring sandwich-inspired fashion and accessories by Deli Fresh Threads (Instagram | Website), daily $50 Instagram giveaways, stand-up comedy, and a screening of the 1997 comedy, Good Burger.
“Milk District Restaurants are perennially at the top of all of the ‘Best of Orlando’ contests, with our local businesses frequently swapping top spot,” said The Milk District’s Executive Director Zac Alfson. “We recognized there’s something special going on here, and welcome visitors from far and near to celebrate all of the delicious and diverse creations served between bread in the District.”
Sandwich lovers can get a list of iconic sandwiches and plan their trip through the District at themilkdistrict.org/sandwich, where they can learn more about the history and highlights of sandwiches in The Milk District.
Sandwiches of note include:
- BAD AS’S SANDWICH (The OG) at Bad As’s Sandwich, 207 Primrose Dr.
- The #6 Roast Beef and Pastrami at Beefy King, 424 N Bumby Ave.
- The Orange Bird BBQ (v) at Dharma Southern Kitchen at Market on South, 2603 E South St.
- The Cuban (v) at Easy Luck Coffee & Bodega, 2425 E. South St.
- Honey Buffalo Chicken at Itsa Chicken, 121 N Bumby Ave
- Brookie Ice Cream Sandwich at Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream inside Milkhouse, 203 N Bumby Ave.
- Falafel Sandwich (v) at Korgette at À La Cart, 609 Irvington Ave.
- Milkhouse Burger at Milkhouse, 203 N Bumby Ave.
- Torta Ahogada at MX Taco, 207 N Bumby Ave
- Dazed and Confused at Pom Pom’s Teahouse & Sandwicheria, 67 N. Bumby
- Bánh Xèo at Saigon Noodle & Grill, 101 N. Bumby
- Cheezy-Q BBQ Pork + Mac and Cheese at Se7enBites, 617 Primrose Dr.
- Banh-Mi at Sideward Brewing Co., 210 N. Bumby Ave
- The Stasio Italian Sandwich at Stasio’s Italian Deli, 2320 E Robinson St
- August 20 – 28 -Deli Fresh Threads Pop-Up at Etoile Boutique, 2424 E Robinson during regular store hours.
- August 20 – 28 – Instagram Giveaway. Follow @themilkdistrict on Instagram to learn how to win one of nine $50 gift cards.
- 8:30 p.m. August 20 – Shit Sandwich Comedy at Bull & Bush, 2408 E Robinson St.
- August 21 – Summer Serenades from Orlando Philharmonic at The Plaza Live. Brunch at Noon, Music at 1p. Tickets at orlandophil.org
- 6:30-10 p.m. August 23 – Tasty Takeover Takeover – Sandwich specials at all trucks at Tasty Takeover weekly food truck event, 2424 E Robinson St.
- 6:30-10 p.m. August 23 – Sandwich Eat-Up with Deli Fresh Threads at Tasty Takeover, 2424 E Robinson St.
- 8 p.m August 26 – Good Burger Movie Night @ The Nook on Robinson, 2424 E Robinson St.