WE ARE NO LONGER UPDATING THIS LIST
At the time of this post, Tropical Storm Nicole is expected to hit somewhere near West Palm Beach as a Category 1 hurricane early Thursday morning. High winds will extend 380 miles out from the center and are expected to be felt in Florida as early as late Wednesday morning.
This is the first hurricane to hit the country in the month of November in almost 40 years.
Governor Ron DeSantis declared a state of emergency for 34 counties on Monday, including Orange County. Click HERE for your closest evacuation route care of FloridaDisaster.org, which includes data on hurricane surge flooding. And be sure to follow @citybeautiful and @orlandopolice for updated information leading up to and during the storm.
DISASTER SUPPLY KIT CHECKLIST
Don’t know what to have in your Disaster Kit? Click HERE for a handy checklist from the Division of Emergency Management for some great tips, which include things like two weeks-worth of medication, batteries, a first aid kit, a list of important phone numbers, important documents in a waterproof case, clothing, and two weeks of food and water for yourself and your pets.
- GAS – Click HERE to use GasBuddy.com’s interactive map. Suspect someone of price gauging? Report them to Pam Bondi’s new price-gouging hotline at (866)-9-NO-SCAM.
- SHELTER – Know where your nearest shelter is by clicking HERE. Shelters are managed by Orange County. Memorial Middle School has just been opened as a shelter as well but it is not pet friendly.
- CITIZEN INFORMATION LINE – The Citizen Information Line – 407-246- HELP (4357) – will go live at 6 p.m. Wednesday night when the city’s Emergency Operations Center is activated. Residents are encouraged to call this line to report damage, downed trees, broken traffic lights. and to get information from the city on response efforts.
- PARKING FEES – All parking fees will be waived for passenger vehicles only in the following garages starting at noon. Wednesday, November 9 – Central Boulevard Garage, Jefferson Street Garage, Library Garage, Orange County Administration Garage. Height restrictions must still be adhered to and no campers or trailers will be allowed. All cars should be removed by 12 p.m. Friday, November 11, dependent on weather and road conditions.
- GARBAGE PICK UP – Pickup will continue on Wednesday until it is no longer safe to be on the roads. Residents should remove all carts from the curbs Wednesday evening. Trash that was missed will be picked up the following Wednesday.
Is your power out? Assuming you’re on your phone, you can use THIS LINK to report an outage with OUC or THIS LINK for Duke Energy. OUC customers can also text “REG” to 69682 to sign up for Outage Alerts on their phones.
- 11/8: SunRail – Due to Tropical Storm Nicole, the Florida Department of Transportation is suspending SunRail service beginning Wednesday, November 9, 2022. After the storm, and when conditions stabilize, a complete inspection of the entire corridor is necessary to assess the storm’s impact and to prepare the system to reinstate rail service for SunRail, as well as freight and Amtrak operations. Restoration of service includes safety inspections, reinstalling gates, and removal of any obstruction on the railroad tracks.
- 11/8: LYNX –
LYNX will continue to monitor the impacts on our area from Nicole in coordination with our local, state, and federal partners. All LYNX services will be provided as scheduled until further notice. If sustained winds reach 35 mph from Subtropical Storm Nicole, the LYNX transit system will shut down temporarily for safety reasons. LYNX staff will monitor the effects of the storm and will keep the community up-to-date as the storm passes through the area.
- 11/8: MCO – The Orlando International Airport has ceased commercial operations as of 4 p.m., Wednesday, November 9th, until “circumstances permit operations resume.”
- 11/9: LYNX will shut down all ACCESS LYNX trips that are not “life-sustaining.” All other LYNX services will continue to operate until further notice.
CANCELLATIONS AND CHANGES
THIS LIST WILL BE UPDATED AS WE HEAR OF ANY MAJOR EVENTS OR SERVICE CANCELLATIONS WITH THE DATE OF THE CANCELATION TO THE LEFT.
VENUES, BUSINESSES, AND PARKS
- 11/8: OCLS – The Orange County Library System will e closing early Wednesday morning and stay closed through Saturday when they hope to reopen within normal hours.
- 11/8: Winter Park City Hall – Winter Park will be closing all of its administrative offices on Thursday, November 10. Pending storm conditions, they will reopen on Friday. The City Commission meeting scheduled for Wednesday will continue as planned.
- 11/8: Volcano Bay will be closed Wednesday due to the storm.
- 11/9: Mennello Museum of American Art will close on November 10 and plans to reopen on the 11th.
- 11/9: Solar Bears vs. Gladiators game scheduled for Thursday will be postponed to a later date.
- 11/9: Art and History Museums – Maitland will close on Thursday and all Wednesday classes have been canceled.
- 11/9: Orange County Animal Services will be closed at 3 p.m. today and all day Thursday, with plans to reopen on Friday at 10 a.m. Staff will remain onsite to monitor and care for all 276 animals currently in the shelter.
- 11/9: Leu Garden will be closed Thursday and plans to reopen on Friday for classes. The garden ground will reopen as soon as possible, pending any damage or debris cleanup.
- 11/9: Walt Disney World Resort will start a phased closure today starting at 5 p.m. and will remain closed through Thursday morning. Parks will likely not reopen until later in the day. Nighttime Spectacular programming will be canceled as well.
- 11/9: CityArts will close for Thursday, November 10 and resume normal operations the next day.
- 11/9: Barnes & Noble Colonial will be closed all day Thursday.
- 11/9: Quantum Leap Winery will be closed all day Thursday.
- 11/9: Tori Tori will close at 10 p.m. Wednesday and reopen Friday.
- 11/8: UCF – UCF will close Wednesday and Thursday in anticipation of the storm. They were already planning to close for Friday in recognition of Veteran’s Day, so they will reopen on Monday.
BARS AND RESTAURANTS
- 11/9: Deadwords Brewing will be closed Wednesday and Thursday and will be reopening on Friday with some fun EDC programming – including e-bike parking, free wireless internet access,
- 11/9: Elevate Rooftop Lounge in Ivanhoe Village will close Wednesday and Thursday and reopen Friday.
- 11/9: Ace Cafe Orlando will close today. Follow their socials to see when they will reopen.
- 11/9: Beefy King will close at 3 p.m. on Wednesday and remain closed Friday and Saturday.
- 11/9: Daybreak Diner will be open at noon Wednesday, weather permitting.
- 11/8: NAIOP Food and Wine Festival has been canceled due to the storm.
- 11/9: Knight at the Museum has been canceled at the Orlando Science Center. It will be rescheduled to November 16.
- 11.9: The Wednesday night performance of Hamilton at the Dr. Phillips Center has been rescheduled to a future date.