The City of Winter Park has just released a lineup of holiday events that will take place in the next two months, including the following:
- Thursday, November 17 – Hometown Holidays: Strings and globes of lights, poinsettia plantings, hanging baskets, life-sized holiday greeting cards and interactive holiday decor will be installed along Park, West New England, and Orange avenues along with a holiday window display program with participating local shops.
- Thursday, November 17 – Sip, Shop, and Stroll: An evening of shopping and holiday tasting menus along the avenue hosted by the Winter Park Chamber of Commerce from 5-8 p.m.
- Thursday, November 17 – Taste of Hannibal Square: The Friends of Hannibal Square and the City of Winter Park will host a special tasting event with local restaurants featuring live music from 5-8 p.m.
- Thursday, December 1 – Park Avenue Holiday Market: The Winter Park Farmer’s Market will have a holiday season theme for the month of December with festive music and a special appearance by Santa Clause from 4-6 p.m. The market will run from 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Thursday, December 1 – 44th Annual Christmas in the Park: A two-hour program kicking off at 6:15 p.m. in Central Park with turn-of-the-century Tiffany windows on display while the Bach Festival Choir performs in concert on the new community stage.
- Friday, December 2 – Winter on the Avenue: From 5-9 p.m. the Winter Park Chamber of Commerce will host a holiday street party to celebrate the lighting of the tree in Central Park, as well as a symbolic Menorah lighting, movie screenings and more.
- Saturday, December 3 – Annual Leadership Winter Park Pancake Breakfast: Leadership Winter Park will host a pancake breakfast at the Central Park Main Stage from 7-10 a.m. for just $7 per person, with proceeds benefiting the Winter Park Improvement Foundation.
- Saturday, December 3 – 70th Annual Winter Park Christmas Parade: The Winter Park Chamber of Commerce hosts a family-friendly celebration with holiday-themed floats, and Santa Clause making their way along Park Avenue, starting at 9 a.m.
- Sunday, December 4 – Holiday Pops Concert: Free concert featuring a performance by the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra at 5 p.m. in the new Central Park Main Stage.
- Saturday, December 10 – Winter Park Holiday Boat Parade: Sponsored by the Winter Park Rotary Club, dozens of boats decked out for the holidays make their way around Lake Virginia via Dinky Dock Park, starting at 6 p.m.
- Saturday, December 17 – Wreaths Across America: Honoring veterans at the Palm and Pinewood Cemeteries starting at noon, by laying wreaths on the graves of fallen soldiers.
- Sunday, December 18 – Chanukah on the Park: Family-friendly activities from 5-7 p.m. in Central Park, including the lighting of the Grand Menorah.
- Thursday, December 29 – Annual CHEEZ-IT Bowl Parade of Bands: A prelude to the CHEEZ-IT Bowl game that evening at Camping World Stadium featuring college bands as they make their way through downtown Winter Park.
Click HERE for more information on all of these holiday events and more.