SPONSORED by Olde Town Brokers: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Listen to our 70th episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE, with guest host Jim Hobart.
Also, ICYMI, we now have a weekly segment on FOX 35’s Good Day Extra, appearing every Monday morning around 9:30 a.m. to break down the top stories of the week. Be sure to tune in!
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Orange County staff was directed to draft a study on the possibility of banning retail pet sales.
- Agave Azul has announced that they will open their Winter Park store on June 18.
- Fuzzy’s Taco Shop is now open in Downtown Orlando.
- Local photographer, Jim Hobart, has launched a new project that chronicles the lives of our elders.
- We’ve gotten our hands on the plans for that new Italian restaurant that’s replacing Spice Modern Steakhouse by Lake Eola.
- The Orlando Economic Partnership has launched a new Orlando Technology Community Support Pilot Program to offer funds to support super-awesome tech events.
- The Orange County Regional History Center has opened their special Pulse Memorial Exhibit.
- “America’s Favorite Neighborhood Restaurants: The Ravenous Pig is Orlando’s Mickey-free restaurant oasis.” – bon appetit
- “Central Florida 100: Big trouble in Little Vietnam: Developers at the gate?” – Orlando Sentinel
- “New Pulse lawsuit announced days before massacre’s 2-year mark.” – Watermark
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- “‘American Idol’ auditions are returning to Orlando.” – WFTV
- “Analysis: HUD plan would raise rents for poor by 20 percent.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Gamble Rogers-Inspired Comstock Project Approved in Winter Park.” – The Daily City
- “Lion’s Pride named to Travel Channel’s list of America’s best soccer bars.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Developer for $13M Winter Park memory care facility changes plans.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Weird Alert: Queen of the Night cactus blooming this week in Colonialtown.” – Bungalower
- “TEDxOrlando hosting event at Orlando Science Center.” – Bungalower
- “Bite Squad releases Top Ten Foods Ordered for Delivery in Orlando list.” – Bungalower
- “Orlando Science Center launches new Makerspace.” – Bungalower
FEATURED REAL ESTATE:
“We believe in believing in yourself, don’t ever think you’re not worth it. #StayProud”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 6/11: Anime Fun Shop: Oracle Plus with TTN, Woven In, Slow Grown, Alien Witch and Bacon Grease (Mills 50)
- Tuesday 6/12: June Permaculture Potluck (Audubon)
- Tuesday 6/12: Orlando United Day Comunity Clean Up (Mills 50)
- Tuesday 6/12: Pulse Annual Remembrance Ceremony (South Downtown)
- Tuesday 6/12: Paal Nilssen – Love Large Unit (South Downtown)
- Wednesday 6/13: Dark Lighting and Smiling Goat Art Show (Milk District)
- Thursday 6/14: Popcorn Flicks in the Park – Enchanted (Winter Park)
- Friday 6/15: Moovie Night in the Milk – Fried Green Tomatoes (Milk District)